Youtube restricted mode

Options
ChrisM
ChrisM Posts: 6  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hello,

For some reason YouTube is now showing "Restricted Mode has hidden comments for this video" for all videos when accessing the site through USG60W.

If I connect my computer (or phone) directly to the modem, the restricted message does not appear. If I connect through USG60W (either wired or wireless) the restricted message on the YouTube site is displayed.

I have tried disabling the USG60W firewall through the web interface but it makes no difference - the restricted message is displayed on the YouTube site.

YouTube used to display correctly without any problems and I have not made any changes to the USG60W configuration for months. Problems with YouTube have only started quite recently (last week or so).

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Chris

All Replies

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,367  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @ChrisM

Could you make sure if restricted mode is disabled on your browser first?

• ChrisM
    Options
    Hi Zyxel_Stanley,

The YouTube Account Settings for "Restricted Mode" are set to OFF:

However, the YouTube settings option is also displayed as:

When I am connected directly to the Modem, I am able to click the dropdown list "Restricted Mode" and select "OFF".

If I am connected to the internet through USG60W, clicking on the "Restricted Mode" option does nothing.

Regards,
    Chris

Hi @ChrisM

Could you make sure if restricted mode is disabled on your browser first?

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,367  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @ChrisM

Can you send your configuration file to me by private message?

(Configuration > Maintenance > File Manager > Configuration File > Download “Startup-config”)

• ChrisM
    Options
    Apologies for the long delay in replying. I have tried resetting the USG60W to factory defaults and it has made no difference. I am still unable to see any comments in YouTube.

Is it possible to revert back to a previous version of firmware?
    I am currently using version V4.32(AAKZ.0) / 2018-07-12 10:35:04

Regards,
    Chris

• Blabababa
    Blabababa Posts: 151  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Did you turned on safe search in the content filter function? This function may restrict the content to browse.
  • ChrisM
    Options

Thank you for the suggestion. No YouTube settings have been modified since installing the USG60W, and YouTube used to work without problem even when the USG60W was connected. Something in the last few months has changed on my USG60W which makes YouTube not work correctly. Maybe a firewall definitions database update or a firmware update?

If I remove the USG60W from the network (my PC connected directly to the modem) without changing any settings on my computer or YouTube, YouTube works without any problem.

If I then add the USG60W to the network so that my computer is connected to the USG60W (on P3) and the modem is connected to the USG60W (on P1) with the USG60W using all of the default settings, the YouTube comments are no longer visible and the "Restricted Mode has hidden comments for this video" message appears on the YouTube website.

YouTube shows my settings as "Restricted Mode: off" in the settings list under my avatar.

However, if I select the YouTube account settings screen, the Restricted Mode is displayed as ON and I am unable to turn it off. Clicking on the Restricted Mode drop down list does nothing (when connected through the USG60W).

This only happens when the PC is connected to the USG60W. When there is no USG60W I can click on the drop down list and change the Restricted Mode configuration.

Regards,
    Chris
  • Marco_Sergi
    Options

Any solutions on this yet?
    It suddenly happens on our ATP500 too.

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,794  Guru Member
    Options

Do you use any of the Security service?

• Marco_Sergi