Turn off Status LEDs

Options
Tissi_2
Tissi_2 Posts: 3
First Comment

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

I am planning to buy a managed switch. Is it possible to switch off the LEDs on the GS1200 models? For me this is a required feature since I don't want to be distracted by blinking lights.

Best regards
Tissi

Accepted Solution

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,723  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

I don't think you can…

All Replies

• PeterUK
    Answer ✓
    Options

I don't think you can…

• Tissi_2
    First Comment
    Options

Dear Zyxel,

please implement an option to switch off the status LED lights on the LAN ports. Netgear and other competitors implemented this option upon several consumer requests.

Best regards

Tissi

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 557  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @Tissi_2

The GS1200 Series switch does not support the option to turn off the LED lights. However, we appreciate your suggestion and will definitely raise this feature as an idea for our future products. We will evaluate and consider the feasibility of implementing this feature in our upcoming plans. Thank you for your valuable feedback! 😁

I have raised this feature request at the idea section: 
    GS1200 Series switch status LED can be disable — Zyxel Community 

Kay 

Kay

• Tissi_2
    First Comment
    Options

Dear Kay,

thank you very much for forwarding this idea to your development department! I have more ideas for your switches, but this would not match the thread topic.

You have written that this idea might get implemented in future products. Wouldn't it be smart to implement this feature via a firmware update in all existing capable products?

Best regards

Tissi

• PeterUK
    Options

Thier is firmware then thier is hardware the question is can firmware tell hardware to turn off the LED? or are the LED hardware only that firmware can't control?

You could use a strip a black tape😏

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @Tissi_2

We are happy to inform you that we have confirmed that the status LED can be disabled via a firmware upgrade, and this feature has been added to our future roadmap. 

If there is a new firmware release that includes this feature, we will keep you informed through this forum. We appreciate your feedback and suggestions, and we always welcome new ideas from our users. 😀 

Kay   

Kay

• TheGiolly
    TheGiolly Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

Are there any updates on this?

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @TheGiolly

This feature has been raised as an idea on our Swtich Ideas section, you may check it out here: 
    GS1200 Series switch status LED can be disable — Zyxel Community 

If you're interested, please leave your vote and any comments on the idea. We'll be monitoring the feedback as part of our evaluation process. 

Kay 

Kay

• PavSve
    Options

Hi!
    I'm looking forward to updating the firmware so I can turn off the LEDs on my Zyxel GS1200-5 and GS1200-8 switches. It disturbs me while working and sleeping.

I would like to see the LED turned off on the GS1900 series as well.
    Ideally the ability to set the LEDs on each port separately.

Thanks!

• Zyxel_Kay
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi @PavSve

Yes, we have included the feature of LED turn on/off feature on GS1200 Series switch to our roadmap and the schedule is currently being evaluated. Please stay tuned on https://community.zyxel.com/en/categories/switch-news-and-release for the latest updates.

Your request for the port status LED turn on/off button for the GS1900 Series switch is also greatly appreciated. We've created an idea post for this feature in our community. You can find it here:

If anyone likes this idea, please feel free to leave a comment or click vote. The votes and comments will be part of our evaluation process.

By the way, could you please share why you would like to set the LEDs for each port separately?

Kay