USG 110 / VPN Configuration Provisioning not working

mrwee
mrwee Posts: 40  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited March 2023 in Security

Hi,

I'm trying to get this to work on a USG110. Setting up an IKEv2 tunnel works fine, but the Configuration Provisioning does not.

I've configured the port for e.g. 448 or 4433 and configured a matching Security Policy allowing these ports to go to ZyWall itself.

But it doesn't work. on an iPhone, using Safari the page is blank, same device with Firefox (just to test), I get

"Forbidden", "You don't have permission to access this resource". The 'www setup" is set to use other ports than those I've tested with.

The log shows the traffic flowing fine to the USG ("ACCESS FORWARD")

What am I doing wrong?

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,039  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓

Hi @mrwee

Currently, this VPN Provision Port feature is used for IPsec VPN client only, as below:

If the iPhone's Safari browser needs to download the VPN Provision file still needs to use the Web-GUI access port.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jeff
    edited March 2023

Hi @mrwee

Thank you for your inquiry. Could you please provide us with the remote Web-GUI link and device config file via private message for further checks? We would like to review your current device settings directly. We will send you a private message shortly, please check your email inbox.

Thank you.

• Zyxel_Jeff
    edited March 2023

Hi @mrwee

Additionally, please check whether the configuration provisioning has been activated, as below:

Thanks.

• mrwee

Configuration Provisioning has been activated, but I've only enabled IKEv2, not L2TP.

• Zyxel_Jeff
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓

Hi @mrwee

Currently, this VPN Provision Port feature is used for IPsec VPN client only, as below:

If the iPhone's Safari browser needs to download the VPN Provision file still needs to use the Web-GUI access port.

• mrwee

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the info. Since USG110 is out-of-service my assumption is that it will not be "fixed".

Security Highlight