Zyxel NWA5123-ac Bridge Mode

Options

I need to set up an Access Point to connect to a WLAN-network (wich I'm not managing) and pass that network through to LAN devices.

I was told NWA5123-AC would do the trick. I'm not used to setting up Access Points. But from what I understand in the manual the NWA5123 in Repeater mode can only connect to another Zyxel AP in Root mode?

Basically my question is. Can NWA5123 connect to a random WIFI and pass it through it's LAN port?

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 936  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Nmes ,

It appears that you are referring to the wireless bridge function. This function can only be utilized when both Root AP and Repeater AP are Zyxel wireless bride supported models as below.

But from what I understand in the manual the NWA5123 in Repeater mode can only connect to another Zyxel AP in Root mode?

You’re right. NWA5123 in Repeater mode can only connect to another Zyxel AP in Root mode, and it can establish the Mesh with any Zyxel AP.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,302  Guru Member
    Options

If it can do that, you can look for "client mode". The AP acts like… wireless card for network cables (more or less)

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 936  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Nmes ,

It appears that you are referring to the wireless bridge function. This function can only be utilized when both Root AP and Repeater AP are Zyxel wireless bride supported models as below.

But from what I understand in the manual the NWA5123 in Repeater mode can only connect to another Zyxel AP in Root mode?

You’re right. NWA5123 in Repeater mode can only connect to another Zyxel AP in Root mode, and it can establish the Mesh with any Zyxel AP.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• Nmes
    Nmes Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Perfect!

Thank you both for your answers!