IPSec-VPN problems

Options
CRP0499
CRP0499 Posts: 16  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments

I have two sites. Site one has a USG100 and site 2 has a Flex 200.

Site one is unchanged. Site 2 USE to have a Sonicwall and the two sites were connected with an IPSec-VPN.

I removed the sonicwall at site 2 and replaced with with the Flex 200 and began setting up the P2P VPN again. Of course, I didn't change Site 1 config, but only set up Site 2 to connect to site one in the same way the sonicwall was setup.

I'm here because I can't get the VPN to work.

I have done side by side comparisons on the two sites and literally everything is exactly the same and site 2 is set up exactly like the sonicwall was. Even now, when I reconnect the sonicwall, the VPN comes up fine.

My log is showing no Proposal chosen and I'm dying trying to find out what's wrong.

I've compared the functioning sonicwall VPN settings to the new Flex VPN settings and they are identical in every respect, but still I'm striking out.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Cliff

Accepted Solution

• CRP0499
    Answer ✓
    Options

Called Zyxel support. in three mins it was fixed. He set PFS to none on Phase 2.

Literally EVERY support doc says to set it to DH2!

Face palm

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,815  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Does is say Phase 1 mismatch for the Proposal? in Advance you need to set the right matching encryption

• CHS
    CHS Posts: 178  Master Member
    Options

Since your logs are showing "no Proposal chosen," it's likely that there's a mismatch in the Phase 1 or Phase 2 settings between the USG100 and the Flex 200.

Ensure that both sides are using the same settings for Phase 1 and Phase 2 negotiations. This includes encryption, hash, Diffie-Hellman Group, and lifetime settings.

• CRP0499
    Options

Honestly, my tech and I have compared Phase 1 and Phase 2 settings at least ten times in a side by side screening. WE know them by heart now.

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,455  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @CRP0499 ,

Please send me both FLEX100 and FLEX200 startup configuration file in PM for further checking.

• CRP0499
    Options

sent to cooldia already

• CRP0499
    Answer ✓
    Options

Called Zyxel support. in three mins it was fixed. He set PFS to none on Phase 2.

Literally EVERY support doc says to set it to DH2!

Face palm

Security Highlight