Content Filter licence (USG110, FW V4.73WK50)

Options
kyssling
kyssling Posts: 102  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited May 2023 in Security

Hello,
is possible than after Content filter licence Expired, Content filter not work ?
I knew we dont get updates, but, dont understand WHY not work. If I buy antivir, after buying period still running (of couurse without update definitions) - but RUNNING and detect older viruses (for example) …
Thanky for answer. Vaclav

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,368  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @kyssling
    When your license expires, the configured security service in your firewall will stop functioning.
    You can send me your firewall's serial number via private message, and I will investigate your license status on the server side.

• frjonatan
    frjonatan Posts: 15  Freshman Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @kyssling

There was an announcement in the middle of 2022, for the USG /Zywall 110/310/1100 series, that services such as IDP after 12/31/2022 will work without signature updates, but greed got the better of it and zyxel canceled this decision. So none of their services work without an active licenses.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,368  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @kyssling
    When your license expires, the configured security service in your firewall will stop functioning.
    You can send me your firewall's serial number via private message, and I will investigate your license status on the server side.

• frjonatan
    frjonatan Posts: 15  Freshman Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @kyssling

There was an announcement in the middle of 2022, for the USG /Zywall 110/310/1100 series, that services such as IDP after 12/31/2022 will work without signature updates, but greed got the better of it and zyxel canceled this decision. So none of their services work without an active licenses.

Security Highlight