Verifying a configuration file without loading it

Options
StefanZ
StefanZ Posts: 191  Master Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Is it possible to have the FLEX200 parse and verify a configuration file without applying it?

Our config seems to have some issue where I have to force load it and then one VPN gateway is missing its certificate.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,083  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @StefanZ

Currently, we don't have this tool, but when you apply the config failed you could navigate to the Monitor to see the possible reason or you could provide the config file to us for troubleshooting purposes via private message. Thanks.

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,801  Guru Member
    Options

With it loaded you can check all settings manually to correct the problem?

• StefanZ
    StefanZ Posts: 191  Master Member
    Options

I don't know the problem tho. The config works, but it reset on me two times now when applying an update.

Also the FLEX200 is not where i am – when it resets the config on reboot again, I have to take a drive.

So I was wondering, if there is some sort of a "dry run" to have the unit parse a config, but not apply anything.

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,083  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @StefanZ

Currently, we don't have this tool, but when you apply the config failed you could navigate to the Monitor to see the possible reason or you could provide the config file to us for troubleshooting purposes via private message. Thanks.

Security Highlight