Lost1 Posts: 33  Freshman Member
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Sorry…..don't understand

"just not with the built in wifi"

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,163  Zyxel Employee
    Third Anniversary 100 Answers 500 Comments Friend Collector

Hello @Lost1

USG Flex100W doesn't support the mesh feature, you could regard it as a firewall with WiFi feature. Thanks.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,118  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Answers

The FLEX 100W is a controller for managed AP's that one is the AP root to which you can add AP repeaters to it like a mesh but the built in wifi can not be the root AP to add AP repeaters

• Lost1

Can you explain what you mean by "Just not with the built in wifi"?

Thanks!

• PeterUK

On my USG60W the built in wifi unless different on your FLEX 100W can not be made as root AP for other AP's to connect to it for AP repeaters

• Lost1

I purchased the Zyxel NWA50ax but it seems I can't figure out how to get it to connect to the network. I have a cable connected to the "uplink" of the nwa50ax and the other end on the port for my wifi but it's not getting an ip address?

What am I missing?

Thanks

• PeterUK
    edited June 2023

So you have gone for a NWA50ax which not be Controller-managed by FLEX 100W and is Nebula cloud managed or Standalone which is fine you need to wire by ethernet to the FLEX 100W and power it by Power adapter or PoE+

It should get a IP by DHCP so check what IP it has and login to set it up by IP

If you then need to add a repeater you need another AP to which the first AP set to root AP on 5GHz to setup WDS to another AP as repeater over 5GHz

My setup is USG60W with WAX510D as root AP with NWA1123-AC-HD as repeater

• Lost1

So somehow when connecting via Nebula, my NWA50ax got asssigned a new user for admin and password so I cannot log in via the web interface.

How do I reset the password so I can log into the NWA50ax directly?

I think the ip address by default is 192.168.1.1 but that's in use but why doesn't DHCP give it a different ip?

• Lost1

APs are new to me and never worked with them. So you are saying that the Flex 100W cannot be the root IP which controls the attaching devices IP?

Sorry if I'm not understanding and documentation is very basic that I've been able to find….

• Lost1

Obvious I'm not really sure what I'm doing. This nebula is confusing and I would rather use the web interface. Since I could not get an IP I connected and went to nebula and created my site and everything and now it's got a IP address.

When I go to the web interface I can't log in with default UN/Password since it appears Nebula changed it?

I would like to find where to change this so I can log in to the web interface.

I'm just testing now since I don't have a dedicated Cat5 to where I will be relocating the NWA50ax via POE but I would like to get this working before purchasing the POE devices.

Security Highlight