How do I connect to more remote subnets with SecuExtender IPSec client

Options
OWB
OWB Posts: 24  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Today I am using SecuExtender SSL client for remote access to company network, and it handles more subnets just fine, and meet my needs.

However, I would like to switch to SecuExtender IPSec, since it is a more secure solution.

I have managed to setup SecuExtender IPSec so I have access to one of my subnets but cannot figure out how to make a configuration managing multiple subnets. Is that not possible with the SecuExtender IPSec VPN client?

Best regards Ole

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,298  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @OWB,

It is not fully customizable like the SSL VPN setup, as shown below, is that correct understood?

Ans: Yes. For IPSec VPN client, you can choose full tunnel mode or split tunnel(for one subnet only).

All Replies

• Zyxel_Emily
    Options

Hi @OWB,

In the VPN Connection, set 0.0.0.0/0 in Local Policy.

If you use wizard to set up Remote Access VPN, select "Full Tunnel". Then IPSec VPN clients are able to access all subnets.

• OWB
    OWB Posts: 24  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

Hi @Zyxel_Emily

Thanks’ that did solve my issue.

So, it is either one specific subnet, or all subnets.

It is not fully customizable like the SSL VPN setup, as shown below, is that correct understood?

Best regards Ole.

• Zyxel_Emily
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @OWB,

Ans: Yes. For IPSec VPN client, you can choose full tunnel mode or split tunnel(for one subnet only).

Security Highlight