XS1930-10 randomly becomes unresponsive

Options
boywiz
boywiz Posts: 6
Friend Collector First Comment

high lately XS1930-10 randomly becomes unresponsive on all ethernet ports meaning it has to be power cycled to regain functionality. it feels like it could be faulty or I need to upgrade the firmware but would be nice to know if I am alone?

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,714  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @boywiz,

Generally, the loop guard is not activated on the uplink port or the ports that connect to other network devices. Instead, it is enabled mainly on the edge port.

Zyxel Melen

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @boywiz,

May I clarify your symptoms?

Was the switch not pingable? Or was the web GUI cannot access? Or was the traffics cannot be forwarded? Or was the port link down and cannot recover by replugging the cable?

Zyxel Melen

• boywiz
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi thanks for getting back to me @Zyxel_Melen,

so the power light is on but there is no activity on any of the ports even if I unplug them and plug them back in. even in ports that are not active, as I wondered if the port was being blocked or something.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @boywiz,

Thank you for your feedback. However, the symptom is not yet clear to me. Could you please provide more information so that I may better clarify your problem?

1. When you unplug the switch, did the link LED turn off? Or did it just keep on?
    2. Can you try to ping the switch? If yes, does the link LED blink?

Zyxel Melen

• boywiz
    Options

when i unplug the link led goes off

the switch is not responding to pings, that is from something connected directly and from the uplink switch

the light is static and shows no activity

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @boywiz,

Thanks for the information. May I know the frequency of this problem? Also, could you help to access the switch web GUI to collect the tech support for me to check? The path is Maintenace > Tech-support > all to download. And please provide it to me via private message.

If the web GUI is inaccessible, please press the reset button (not the restore button) to reboot the switch to collect.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @boywiz,

Thanks for the tech support.

I discovered that switch ports 7 and 8 were linked down due to the loop guard. Upon checking your configuration, I noticed that ports 7 and 8 were set as LAG and had loop guard enabled. Kindly advise you to check if there's a loop that occurred on the LAG connecting device.

Zyxel Melen

• boywiz
    Options

• boywiz
    Options

hi @Zyxel_Melen,

I have checked the controller of the Lag and see no errors, it does have MSTP enabled. i have disabled loop guard for now. please advise any futher adivce.

Mo

• Zyxel_Melen
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @boywiz,

Generally, the loop guard is not activated on the uplink port or the ports that connect to other network devices. Instead, it is enabled mainly on the edge port.

Zyxel Melen

• boywiz
    Options