Is it possible to create offline wifi network ?

Options

By using 5 units of Zyxel NWA1123-AC-PRO device to create a wifi network which does not have any internet connection. Just connected to my local network mainly tablets will use my internal app. I am planning to configure the device in an environment with internet connection then after configuratin I will move to my production field .

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 581  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @mehmetkacar ,

Certainly, you can create an offline WiFi network using the APs NWA1123-AC-PRO. However, it's important to note that these APs do not have the DHCP server feature, which means you'll need to set up a DHCP server separately to assign IP addresses to devices on your network.

To create the offline WiFi network, disconnect the router from the internet, and adhere to the following structure for your configuration:

Router (with DHCP server) — Switch — 5 units of APs (Zyxel NWA1123-AC-PRO)

Within this setup, the router will retain its role as a DHCP server, effectively managing local IP assignments. However, it's important to note that external connectivity will not be available as part of this arrangement.

Kay

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 581  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @mehmetkacar ,

Certainly, you can create an offline WiFi network using the APs NWA1123-AC-PRO. However, it's important to note that these APs do not have the DHCP server feature, which means you'll need to set up a DHCP server separately to assign IP addresses to devices on your network.

To create the offline WiFi network, disconnect the router from the internet, and adhere to the following structure for your configuration:

Router (with DHCP server) — Switch — 5 units of APs (Zyxel NWA1123-AC-PRO)

Within this setup, the router will retain its role as a DHCP server, effectively managing local IP assignments. However, it's important to note that external connectivity will not be available as part of this arrangement.

Kay