Reboot Zyxel GS1200-8 via command

Options

Hello,

is it possible to reboot the Zyxel GS1200-8 via command? I mean not with the button in the webinterface. I want to automate the reboot and therefore need a possibility to reboot the switch via command (script or anything else)

BR Tobias

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 518  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Tobias @tobik176

The GS1200-8 is a Web Managed Switch designed with simplicity in mind, focusing on easy management. It does not support command-based operations such as SNMP or SSH, which are typically used for more advanced manageability.

To meet your demand, please consider other series such as GS1900, GS1915, GS1920, and GS1350 that support SNMP and SSH.

Zyxel Nami

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 518  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Tobias @tobik176

The GS1200-8 is a Web Managed Switch designed with simplicity in mind, focusing on easy management. It does not support command-based operations such as SNMP or SSH, which are typically used for more advanced manageability.

To meet your demand, please consider other series such as GS1900, GS1915, GS1920, and GS1350 that support SNMP and SSH.

Zyxel Nami

• tobik176
    Options

Okay thanks, then I will buy a Shelly 1pm to switch power off and on.

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,337  Guru Member
    Options

I installed more or less 5 of that switches, which when rebooted were working without issues from 1500 to 3000 hours.

Consider to update firmware, if not already done (shortly after the reboot), or inspect your cables. Maybe something triggers the switch in the wrong way.