some questions about Zyxel OLT 1408.

Options
Akhror
Akhror Posts: 4
First Comment
edited August 2023 in Switch

Good afternoon, i have some questions about Zyxel OLT 1408.
We have a location that we use OLT 14 08, there evryday disconnect the power supply. In this case we use additional accumulators and Invertor so that the connection would not be interrupted. A few days ago we faced one problem.
When power supply disconnect, OLT pons also link down, but OLT is working. The indicators Alarm and System is lit except Power, In this time we forced and we give a physical reboot, after that all pons starts to work. We have already changed additional accumulators and Invertor to the new one. But it not help. Please give some solutions!

Best Answers

• Akhror
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Mario, thanks for answer, appreciate it! There are screenshots bellow!

• Akhror
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • Mario0113
    Mario0113 Posts: 5
    First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

First the FW version is quiet old, please get the new FW version from your contact window.

Second, from the log we can see the reason for reboot on Aug/25 is cause by management command.

Do you know OLT is under control by any networking management system or not? ex. SNMP server..etc?

If the reboot request is from this kind of system, the OLT will show the record like above.

All Replies

• Mario0113
    Options

Hi Akhror,

Could you help to show me the firmware version (command : show system)

Also the log (command: show logging) , I will help to check it.

• Akhror
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Mario, thanks for answer, appreciate it! There are screenshots bellow!

• Akhror
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • Mario0113
    Mario0113 Posts: 5
    First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

First the FW version is quiet old, please get the new FW version from your contact window.

Second, from the log we can see the reason for reboot on Aug/25 is cause by management command.

Do you know OLT is under control by any networking management system or not? ex. SNMP server..etc?

If the reboot request is from this kind of system, the OLT will show the record like above.

• Akhror
    First Comment
    Options

Hi Mario, okay we will change version of FW as soon as possible. Yes OLT is controlled by SNMP and networking management, but we did a physical reboot, it is so strange, okay i will check it again. and thanks you such for answering my problems, appreciate it!