XGS1210-12 - does is support IEEE 802.3ad?

Options

i just bought this switch to be able to link with RJ45 two giga ports on the XGS1210-12 with an orbi RBR 750 which have two RJ45 giga ports working in lacp.

I have in the web interface create a aggregation port but my router ORBI maked an error : Unable to establish WAN aggregation.

Before buy it, the support informed me that this protocol EEE 802.3ad was supported by the XGS1210-12.

I am doing something wrong or this switch does not support lacp ?

Thanks for your answer

Jeanluc

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 584  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi @Jldavid

The XGS1210-12 switch does not support the LACP (IEEE 802.3ad) function. It only supports the LAG (Static Link Aggregation) feature. For more detailed specifications about the XGS1210-12 switch, you may refer to its datasheet.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with configuring your XGS1210-12 switch, please feel free to reach out.

Kay

• Jldavid
    Options

Ok so what kind of zydel switch I need ?

I need :

• 2 ports 2,5g
    • 1 or 2 ports 10g
    • Between 2 and 8 gigabytes ports

Tks

• Jldavid
    Options

of course with LACP (IEEE 802.3ad) function

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 584  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Jldavid

I need :

2 ports 2,5g

1 or 2 ports 10g

Between 2 and 8 gigabytes ports

LACP (IEEE 802.3ad) function

Currently, our 10G Multi-Gigabit Lite-L3 Smart Managed Switch, XS1930-10 switch could be a suitable choice for you. For more detailed specifications and information about the XS1930-10 switch, you can refer to this link: https://www.zyxel.com/global/en/products/switch/10-12-port-10g-multi-gigabit-lite-l3-smart-managed-switch-xs1930-series/overview

In addition, I have some exciting news to share with you. We are preparing to launch a new model, the 8/16-port Multi-Gigabit Smart Managed Switch, in the near future. This switch will come at a more budget-friendly price point and could be a perfect match for your requirements. Stay tuned! 😃

Kay