Dynamic VLAN assignment

Options
stif
stif Posts: 2
First Comment

Does the GS1350 support pass-trough for dynamic Vlan assignment?

Here is my setup:

Switch→SFP→Fiber→SFP→Mediaconverter→Access Point

This setup is working and i can have dynamic VLAN with WPA2 Enterprise (based on radius user+pass)

When i change my setup to

Switch→SFP→Fiber→SFP→GS1350→Access Point

my SSID with fixed VLAN is working after changing the Mediaconverter to the gs1350 switch, but WPA2 Enterprise with dynamic VLAN assignment is not working..

Does anybody know if this is possible, or better why it is not working? (All Radius things happen elsewhere and on the switch all VLANs involved are created and tagged to the ports..)

Thanks,

Stefan

Accepted Solution

• stif
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Zyxel_Melen

Thank you for your answer.

I did reset the switch to factory default, skipped the VLAN wizard, enabled the "trunking" flag at port 1&6 and created only one extra VLAN and set them to port 2-5. It is working now.

Cheers,

stif

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,714  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @stif,

Could you share your configuration of the dynamic Vlan assignment on your AP and the tech support of GS1350 for me to check? GS1350 only forwards the traffic, so the authentication packets should be forwarded to the Radius server normally.

Please navigate to Menu > Management > Maintenance > Tech-support > all to download and send the tech support file to me by the private message.

Zyxel Melen

• stif
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Zyxel_Melen

Thank you for your answer.

I did reset the switch to factory default, skipped the VLAN wizard, enabled the "trunking" flag at port 1&6 and created only one extra VLAN and set them to port 2-5. It is working now.

Cheers,

stif

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,714  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @stif,

It is great to see you've found the solution and resolved your issue.

In addition, the VLAN trunking function allows frames belonging to unknown VLAN groups to pass through the switch. If the VLAN has been created, the switch will follow the VLAN table to forward the traffic.

Based on your configuration, the packets from VLAN 33 will follow the VLAN table for forwarding.

Zyxel Melen