USG 40 & Content Filter: No data in the report server

Options
CHartwig
CHartwig Posts: 3
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi. I have a USG40 and the content filter licensed and working, but cannot see any data in the report service.
Any idea how to get report service to work ?
Thank you and best regards,
Christian

All Replies

• iSpeed
    iSpeed Posts: 110  Ally Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Chartwig, Pop over to the Cloud CNM Server discussion. I detailed my experience getting it working. forum https://businessforum.zyxel.com/discussion/1851/secureporter-popular-websites-not-relevant#latest 
  • CHartwig
    Options
    Thank you.
  • Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,298  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @CHartwig,

If you're talking about “Link to CF” on myZyxel.com, make sure "Enable Content Filter Category Service" is turned on.

If "Enable Content Filter Category Service" is turned off , there will be no CF reports on the report server.

If only forbidden websites are configured in Custom Service, CF report just sends out web page query result.

“Custom Service” just sets local check and it doesn't trigger report sending.

You must enable “Enable Content Filter Category Service” to force CF engine running query to get CF result and generate CF reports on the report server.

• CHartwig
    Options
    Thank you.
    Are the "old" reporting servers still active or is everything sended to secureprts ?

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,298  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @CHartwig,

The CF report server and SecuReporter are two independent servers.

You can tick "Enable Content Filter Report Service" to send query results to CF report server.

SecuReporter contains more complete analysis and diagrams not only for content filter but also other UTM services.

Security Highlight