Mixning different ap

saltet
saltet Posts: 28  Freshman Member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited May 21 in Wireless

i have à system with Nebula and six Nwa 50.
considering upgrading with one or two wax 650 S or wax 640S.
are both these two ap:s compatible with nwa 50 and able to manage with nebula in a mix mesh system.
what are the pro and cons between the two different ap:s.
I know the different between regarding 6 E but I am not sure about the other pros and cons.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,450  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula
    Answer ✓

Hi @saltet ,

It's great to hear that you are considering upgrading your network with the Zyxel WAX650S or WAX640S-6E. Both APs are compatible with the Nebula system and can be managed alongside your existing NWA50 APs.
    To know about some differences between the two models that might influence your decision, please refer to this thread.

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes!

https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,450  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula
    Answer ✓

Hi @saltet ,

It's great to hear that you are considering upgrading your network with the Zyxel WAX650S or WAX640S-6E. Both APs are compatible with the Nebula system and can be managed alongside your existing NWA50 APs.
    To know about some differences between the two models that might influence your decision, please refer to this thread.

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes!

https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• saltet
    saltet Posts: 28  Freshman Member
    First Comment First Anniversary

Thanks a lot.
    After reading the thread you advise me to read a will go for 650S.
    I think that the mix environment I have will not utilise the 6E for some years.
    Best regards