gs1920-48 switch - unable to access config

jackrwstevenson
jackrwstevenson Posts: 7
Friend Collector First Comment
edited November 2023 in Switch

My gs1920-48 is in working order (i.e. connected devices have ingress & egress) - however NCC reports it as offline. Note other switches and WAPs on the same network report online within NCC.

Furthermore I am unable to connect to the switch web interface locally via the network.

Attempting to connect to the switch IP locally over HTTP (using browsers, cURL) returns a 404 not found (or intermittently a 503 service unavailable).

The cloud LED status is red.

Any ideas on what I can try to investigate further?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,059  Zyxel Employee
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments

Hi @jackrwstevenson,

Since GS1900 series is not Nebula FLEX switch, do you mean the GS1920?

The cloud LED is red, which means it cannot connect to the Nebula. There are many reasons like it cannot reach the gateway or the Internet.
    Please check if there is any IP conflict in your network. You can use the advanced IP scanner to check. Also, have you ping the switch and does it reply?
    By the way, have you enabled access management?

Zyxel Melen

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! 

• jackrwstevenson
    edited November 2023

Thx @Zyxel_Melen

Yes - G1920.

I've enabled access mgmt. (with an allowed IP range).

I noticed today that the switch is no longer setting a LAN IP (DHCP).

Any further thoughts on what I can do next to get into the configuration?

Thx, Jack

• Zyxel_Melen
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments

Hi @jackrwstevenson,

Please help to clarify these items so I can better help you resolve this problem:

1. Could you ping this switch?
    2. Could you use ZON to find this switch?
    3. Could you help to enable Zyxel support and provide your org and site name for me to check the firmware version and the event log? Please go to Help (On the top of right) > Support Request > Zyxel support Access to enable and save.

Zyxel Melen

1. The switch is no longer getting assigned an IP address
    2. I'm unable to use ZON as I'm not a Windows user
    3. Enabled

• Zyxel_Melen

Hi @jackrwstevenson,

Thanks for enabling Zyxel support access.
    After checking the event log, I found that GS1920-48 used 192.168.0.x, a DHCP IP address. However, the other Nebula devices are using 192.168.1.x subnet, which is different from the subnet that GS1920 is using.
    May I know if you changed some settings on your gateway/firewall before the switch offline?
    To solve this problem most efficiently, please press the restore button for 7 seconds and connect the GS1920-48 to the correct port of your gateway/firewall. Then log in to your GS1920-48 with the default IP address 192.168.1.1 to configure the default gateway and DNS server since there looks like no DHCP server in your network.
    In addition, since the other devices are set static IP addresses on Nebula, kindly remind you to set static IP for GS1920-48 before resetting your switch to factory default.

Zyxel Melen

• Thx. I’ve completed the above. NCC is still unable to manage the switch configuration. However, the one difference I’ve spotted is that the cloud LED is now flashing amber.

• Zyxel_Melen

Hi @jackrwstevenson,

May I know what IP address you set for your switches? Kindly remind you that the 192.168.0.x subnet seems like is unreachable to the Internet. You should set the IP address which is 192.168.1.x subnet range.

Zyxel Melen

• Hi @Zyxel_Melen,

I'm unable to reach the switch - even when I plug straight into it over ethernet.

Please advise.

Thx, Jack

• Zyxel_Melen

Hi @jackrwstevenson,

I would like to clarify some information:

1. Did you isolate the switch before reloading the factory default of your switch?
    2. Did your PC set a static IP address (192.168.1.2/255.255.255.0) before accessing GS1920?

Zyxel Melen

• jackrwstevenson
    edited December 2023

Hi @Zyxel_Melen

The isolation did the trick. It now has an IP address I can access through the local network.

However, NCC is still not able to reach it.

Please advise.

Thx, Jack