FDB on XGS1210 & XGS1250

Options

I really would the like to be able to examine the Forwarding Data Base of mac-addresses on my XGS1210 and XGS1250.

When trying to solve network problems, this can be essential, and since the data is already there, it should be easy to display it in the web i/f.

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,656  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @BarbaGrump,

Thanks for sharing your idea, you mean the MAC table, is that correct?
    By the way, could you share your network scope? Where did you place your XGS1210 & XGS1250?

Zyxel Melen

• BarbaGrump
    BarbaGrump Posts: 4
    Friend Collector First Comment
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi. Yes, the MAC-address-table. Different brands, different names. My network at home/homelab…see pic.

I have several VLANs spanning one or more switches.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @BarbaGrump,

We appreciate your input and share your thoughts about examining the MAC table on the XGS1210 and XGS1250. XGS1210 & XGS1250 currently don’t support the MAC table because they are entry-level switches. We will monitor this idea to gauge user interest and consider its feasibility.
    If anyone likes this idea, please don't hesitate to leave your comments and vote for this idea.

Zyxel Melen

• BarbaGrump
    Options

"XGS1210 & XGS1250 currently don’t support the MAC table because they are entry-level switches"

This cant be right!

Every switch needs a mac-address table to know which port to forward incoming frames to, so I'm pretty sure the XGS1210/50 does support it. The thing missing, is a simple webpage to show it.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @BarbaGrump,

I meant to display the MAC table on the Web GUI. Apologize for misleading you.

Zyxel Melen