XGS1250-12: Show Device Name on the login page

Options

I have two XGS1250-12 in my network. For identification it would be very helpful to see the individual Device Name instead or in addition to the model name on the login page. A customizable text would be even better.

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 496  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hello @volkerz

Before we proceed with the evaluation, we'd like to ensure we fully understand your suggestion for the XGS1250-12.

Currently, the device name can be modified and shown in the System tab after logging in. As below example, I changed the device name to SwitchA.

Then, are you proposing that this device name can also be displayed at the top left of the login page(as below screenshot) for easier identification when managing multiple devices?

Zyxel Nami

• volkerz
    Options

You got it! That's exactly what I'm looking for! :-)

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hello @volkerz

Thank you for your suggestion.

We understand that displaying the device name on the login page will help the users to easily identify the device that they are accessing. However, it will have security concerns that the accessor can easily identify how important this device is without login. In order to enhance the user experience you suggested and consider the security as mentioned, we will monitor this idea post and evaluate displaying the device name on the web page after logging in.

Zyxel Nami

• volkerz
    volkerz Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

Cisco supports an optional user defined text on the login page instead. That would solve your security concerns and I get what I want. The device name was my idea to make it easier to implement.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hello @Volker

Thank you for your constructive feedback you provided. We will monitor this idea and take it into consideration for future updates to enhance the user experience.

Zyxel Nami