XGS1930-28 LACP vlan configuration

Options
hades
hades Posts: 2
First Comment

How to configure vlans on a LACP port on the XGS1930-28 ? I can't choose a LACP port in the vlan configuration, only the physical ports (1-28) can be selected.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,671  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @hades,

Please set both the LACP ports as the VLAN's members. For example, if I group ports 7 and 8 as LACP members.

I have to fix ports 7 and 8 as VLAN 10's members.

In addition, please do not set only one port as the VLAN's member. Or the traffic might not be forwarded correctly.

Hope it helps.

Zyxel Melen

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @hades,

Please set both the LACP ports as the VLAN's members. For example, if I group ports 7 and 8 as LACP members.

I have to fix ports 7 and 8 as VLAN 10's members.

In addition, please do not set only one port as the VLAN's member. Or the traffic might not be forwarded correctly.

Hope it helps.

Zyxel Melen

• hades
    hades Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Thanks for your reply. This works indeed. However, this is a bad implementation, since this allows for inconsistent configuration :-( A network device should be designed in a way that it should prevent this kind of inconsistency, to keep the possibility of outages in networks to a minimum.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @hades,

Thanks for your feedback. I have help you create an idea post and we will monitor for it.

Zyxel Melen