GS1350-26HP SNMP ports data not exposed in Nebula management mode

Options

I end up creating a ticket as I cannot find any information relating on this ongoing issue anywhere on the Internet.

I own a GS1350-26HP which is managed in Nebula. It works perfectly and is a great piece of hardware.

The only issue I am facing is relating to its ability to expose SNMP information. I am consolidating all my infrastructure SNMP monitoring in Observium.

For some reason, this specific switch does not expose any SNMP information about its ports usage. Nothing is published in its SNMP messages, whereas other Zyxel hardware I own such as Wifi APs do so, as well as other switches from other manufacturers.

Is the ability to expose ports information in SNMP a feature only possible in standalone mode or is there a way to enable it in Nebula mode ?

Thanks

All Replies

• Lefuneste83
    Options

For reference here is the diagnostic ticket that I did with the Observium team

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,673  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited January 15
    Options

Hi @Lefuneste83,

Since the switch is SNMP by default when it is under cloud mode, may I know if you enable the SNMP feature in your site?

Please reference this FAQ to check:

If you have enabled it but the problem still exists, please help me to enable the Zyxel support for me to check.

Zyxel Melen

• Lefuneste83
    Lefuneste83 Posts: 11
    First Comment
    edited January 15
    Options

Hello thank you for your quick reply. Of course SNMP is enabled in Nebula and I get full data from my several access points, as well as (this is the issue I have) very limited information about the switch itself (No port information in particular). It seems that it does not expose the MIB properly. Maybe I need to remove it from Nebula to enable the SNMP functions then try to re-enroll it.

• Zyxel_Melen
    edited January 15
    Options

Hi @Lefuneste83,

Thanks for your feedback. Could you share the O.I.D. that you used for me to check if GS1350 supports it?

Zyxel Melen

• Lefuneste83
    Options

Here is the initial SNMP log exchange from Observium

As you can see, the device is properly identified but it only replies with Processor load and Availability.

• Lefuneste83
    Lefuneste83 Posts: 11
    First Comment
    edited January 15
    Options

Please find enclosed the reply of the command :

snmpwalk -v2c -c [community_string] -t 3 -Cc --hexOutputLength=0 -Ih -ObentxU [device_ip] .1

Let me know if you need me to try other SNMP commands against the device. Sorry but I have limited knowledge about the SNMP protocol itself.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @Lefuneste83,

After checking your SNMP walk file, I found that it only showed a few OIDs So, I use my SNMP tool with the standard interfaces MIB and I can get information from my GS1350.

I'm not familiar with the SNMP tool you used, but it looks like you need to adjust your command.

Zyxel Melen

• Lefuneste83
    Options

Hello and thank you very much for your precious help. So I now understand better what to query.

I have conducted the following test :

snmpwalk -v2c -c [community_string] -t 3 -Cc --hexOutputLength=0 -Ih -ObentxU [device_ip] .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2

To which I have the following reply :

.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2 = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

The same goes in Observium when forcefully adding this specific OID to the configuration of the queries.

Doing the same test against a GS1900-10HP which is not Nebula managed or compatible I get port information fine in CLI and in Observium.

Is there a possibility that this OID is not exposed in Nebula mode on the GS1350 ? Or maybe would it require to enable such OID in standalone mode before integrating the switch to the Nebula controller ?

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @Lefuneste83,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm checking why the GS1350 in cloud mode does not provide this OID information. Once I have further information, I'll update it to you.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @Lefuneste83,

When Nebula was first introduced, the main focus was on cloud management. As a result, only a few OIDs were made available, and the interface MIB was not included. However, based on user feedback and discussions, we have decided to make the interface MIB available in subsequent versions.

I am happy to inform you that the upcoming firmware version, V4.90, will be released on February 15th, 2024, and it will support the interface MIB. Once it is available, I will keep you informed.

Zyxel Melen