Reset lost password on Zyxel RGS200-12P

Options

Hi!
I've run into the issue of losing access to the admin credentials to my Zyxel RGS200-12P.

I've browsed the forums and have not yet found a solution to this.

Since the reset button does not provide any sort of factory reset after a certain duration. I am to belive that it has to be done through interupting the boot sequense to enter the RedBoot menu.

Any suggestions on how to reset the configuration to perform some kind of factory reset of the unit?

These are the avaliable commands in the RGS200 version of RedBoot.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,670  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @EmilNyberg,

It seems like you have a console cable to access redboot mode. Could you provide a remote PC? I will help you do the factory default. Please check your private message box, I will send the private message for the remote information.

Zyxel Melen

• EmilNyberg
    Options

Hi @Zyxel_Melen,

Yes, we got serial console access to the device, but we now were able to find out the password by trying some old ones that we have used within the past.

Your response however seem to imply that there is no easy way of resetting the device to factory defaults if you have lost access to your login credentials. Is that correct?

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,670  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @EmilNyberg,

Yes. Since RGS200 is a PoE switch for outdoor applications, we do not provide an easy way of resetting the device to prevent potential risks.

Zyxel Melen

• EmilNyberg
    Options

Thanks for your support @Zyxel_Melen. I appreciate it!

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,316  Guru Member
    Options

@zyxel_melen I suggest to advertise this intended behavior.

Might be a important info into decision process.