NWA50AX as access point and WX3100-T0 as repeater how to connect?

Options

Hi there,

I set up an access point with the NWA50AX and want to built a smart mesh using a WX3100-T0 as a repeater. Unfortunately the NWA50AX got no WPS button and Nebula seems not to provide this functionality. How can I set up the connection between both devices? The internet and the documentation is not very helpful here.

Best Regards,

Steffen

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 497  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Steffen

Regarding your desired setup with NWA50AX and WX3100-T0, it's important to note that these devices are not compatible for Mesh networking due to different mesh technologies.

However, if you intend to optimize roaming for wireless devices, you can do so by ensuring both devices have the same SSID and security settings, and overlapping coverage of about 15%-20%.

Zyxel Nami

• SteffenK
    SteffenK Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

Hi Nami, thanks for the answer! … but that means, that I cannot use the WX3100-T0 as a repeater? Note: where I want to position it I do not have a network cable.

What would be the "compatible" devices for a Mesh with NWA50AX?

It is disappointing, that there are multiple product line, which are not compatible with each other.

Best Regards,

Steffen Krug

• SteffenK
    First Comment
    Options

Hi there, I finally got the device working in repeater mode!

Look in the in the users guide for chapter "7.9 Operating Modes Settings". Please note: when you configured it, please reset it before!!!

Also make sure, you do not attach the device to an existing network via network cable! That will prevent the user interface to change the operating mode choice. Configure it via WiFi.

Best Regards,

Steffen Krug

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 497  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @SteffenK

For full Mesh compatibility with NWA50AX, you might want to consider exploring other models in our Access Point series: Zyxel Access Point Series.

While you've successfully configured the WX3100-T0 as a repeater, it's important to remember that the Mesh functionality might be limited between the NWA50AX and WX3100-T0 due to their different technologies, as mentioned.

Zyxel Nami

• Fuisdale2
    Options

Hi Stefan,

can you advise which guide is this on as I am trying to do the same as you.

I want to use the NWA50AX as an extender which is connected via WiFi and not via a cable as no cable close by.

• SteffenK
    First Comment
    Options

Hey Fuisdale,

I sent you a PM.

The Users Guide you can find here:

https://download.zyxel.com/WX3100-T0/user_guide/WX3100-T0_V5.17_5.50.pdf

look for chapter 7.9.

Best Regards,

Steffen