Wireless Bridge

Options

I need to configure NWA55AXE to connect as repeater with wifi bridge to router WiFi DX3301-T1 (internet access) and a local switch with PC and other devices, but I am not able to connect to any WiFi device and his SSID is not visible to wifi scanner.

May please help me?

Thanks,

Frediano

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 949  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Frediano ,

We would like to inform you that the NWX55AXE access point and the DX3301-T1 router employ distinct mesh solutions, making them incompatible for direct mesh connection. Consequently, it is not feasible to configure the NWX55AXE as a repeater for the DX3301-T1.
    Should you wish to establish a mesh network utilizing the NWA55AXE, it is essential to use a Zyxel access point as the root in your setup.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Frediano ,

In your setup, one of the NWA55AXE APs, designated as the root AP, needs to be connected to the DX3301-T1 router via an Ethernet cable (wired connection). The other NWA55AXE, serving as the repeater AP, can then establish a connection to the root AP using MESH technology (wireless connection).

For instructions on setting up a MESH between APs in Nebula, please consult the following FAQ. [Nebula] How to extend wireless coverage by configure smart mesh? — Zyxel Community

Additionally, seamless client roaming between the DX3301-T1 router and NWA55AXE APs is possible when devices share the same SSID (Wi-Fi name) and security settings, provided there is signal overlap between them.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Frediano ,

We would like to inform you that the NWX55AXE access point and the DX3301-T1 router employ distinct mesh solutions, making them incompatible for direct mesh connection. Consequently, it is not feasible to configure the NWX55AXE as a repeater for the DX3301-T1.
    Should you wish to establish a mesh network utilizing the NWA55AXE, it is essential to use a Zyxel access point as the root in your setup.

• Frediano
    Frediano Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

I have both MESH enabled but always no connection, and after Nebula registration I am not able to find how to set Repeater mode instead of AP.

This is what I have to do:

At moment I am working only with a room.

If it helps, consider that I also have a pair of NWA50AXs

Many Thanks,

Frediano

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Frediano ,

In your setup, one of the NWA55AXE APs, designated as the root AP, needs to be connected to the DX3301-T1 router via an Ethernet cable (wired connection). The other NWA55AXE, serving as the repeater AP, can then establish a connection to the root AP using MESH technology (wireless connection).

For instructions on setting up a MESH between APs in Nebula, please consult the following FAQ. [Nebula] How to extend wireless coverage by configure smart mesh? — Zyxel Community

Additionally, seamless client roaming between the DX3301-T1 router and NWA55AXE APs is possible when devices share the same SSID (Wi-Fi name) and security settings, provided there is signal overlap between them.