GS1910-24HP how to configure VLAN`s ?

Options

Hi,

I'm trying to setup VLAN`s on old GS1910-24.

Device info:

Software

Software Version

V1.00(AAAY.3)

Software Date

2013-03-05T10:42:04+01:00

Code Revision

40c11c4fd061

Unfortunately in VLAN Port Configuration I cannot add all VLAN`s like I saw in other Zyxel switches

At the moment AP`s keep getting IP`s from the range 192.168.X.X instead 172.24.X.X

What should I do to make this work ?

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 962  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Andrzej ,

It's important to note that with your current setup, if there are DHCP servers on both LAN 1 (192.168.x.x) and LAN 3 (172.24.x.x), when the AP broadcasts a DHCP discovery packet, it's possible for DHCP servers on both networks to respond. This could result in the AP receiving IP addresses from LAN 1 or LAN 3.

To ensure that the APs are assigned IP addresses from LAN 3, you might consider configuring any switch ports are connected to Unifi AP, Unifi Key, and LAN3 ports as follows:

• VLAN 1: Exclude ports 9, 16, 21, 23, and 24 as members.
    • VLAN 2: Assign ports 9, 16, 21, 23, and 24 to this VLAN with PVID set to 2.

The GS1910-24HP with the latest firmware update, 2.00(AAAY.0) also provides the ability to assign several VLANs per port, you can upgrade the firmware and then refer to the Port VLAN & Allowed VLAN table.

If you wish to upgrade to firmware version 2.00(AAAY.0), it is necessary to follow the specified upgrade path: from the version 1.00(AAAY.3), first upgrade to version 1.00(AAAY.4), and then to 2.00(AAAY.0). The firmware files and relevant information here for you.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi @Andreas_K ,

If you need VLANs 40, 41, and 43 (IP range 172.24.X.X) assigned to an access point connected to port 23 of the GS1910-24HP, ensure to select VLAN 40, 41, and 43 for port 23 in the VLAN Membership status table.

Additionally, please ensure that the access point can tag packets out for VLANs 40, 41, and 43 when transmitting packets to the GS1910-24HP.

Please be aware that the GS1910-24HP model has reached its End of Life (EOL) status, which means our support for this model will be limited. For information on alternative options, you also can refer to the available models: Switch | Zyxel Networks

• Andrzej_K
    Andrzej_K Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Hi Judy,

The problem does not occur only with port 23 (my error before taking the screenshot), in general the 172.24.X.X subnet simply does not work. In addition, AP's don't have to be configured separately because that is what the Unifi Cloud Key is for and the AP's will receive the settings from it, but they must first be in the same subnet and that is the problem.
    I saw that other Zyxel SW's have the ability to assign several VLAN's, but in our model only one VLAN can be assigned to one port(?) - is it the fault of outdated firmware or is this SW is just like that?

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Andrzej ,

It's important to note that with your current setup, if there are DHCP servers on both LAN 1 (192.168.x.x) and LAN 3 (172.24.x.x), when the AP broadcasts a DHCP discovery packet, it's possible for DHCP servers on both networks to respond. This could result in the AP receiving IP addresses from LAN 1 or LAN 3.

To ensure that the APs are assigned IP addresses from LAN 3, you might consider configuring any switch ports are connected to Unifi AP, Unifi Key, and LAN3 ports as follows:

• VLAN 1: Exclude ports 9, 16, 21, 23, and 24 as members.
    • VLAN 2: Assign ports 9, 16, 21, 23, and 24 to this VLAN with PVID set to 2.

The GS1910-24HP with the latest firmware update, 2.00(AAAY.0) also provides the ability to assign several VLANs per port, you can upgrade the firmware and then refer to the Port VLAN & Allowed VLAN table.

If you wish to upgrade to firmware version 2.00(AAAY.0), it is necessary to follow the specified upgrade path: from the version 1.00(AAAY.3), first upgrade to version 1.00(AAAY.4), and then to 2.00(AAAY.0). The firmware files and relevant information here for you.