GS1920-48HP not connecting to Nebula

Options
naik
naik Posts: 5
First Comment

Hello,

We have a simple configuration.

Two GS1920-48HP connected to a Adtran router (provided by Verizon) and WiFi access point (50AX) connected to the GS1920.

50AX AP are connected to Nebula and working fine.

GS1920 get local IP but did not connect to Nebula.

The DHCP Server is the same, DNS 8.8.8.8. I have reset one switch = not better.

I think Verizon have a router configuration problem :

• It took us over two weeks to set up the router so that we could have Internet. At one point, all the equipment was connected to Nebula.
    We rebooted the router and since then the switches no longer connect to Nebula.
  • Both switches keep getting a new IP address from the DHCP server every 5 minutes, despite a one-day lease. So we made a DHCP reservation to freeze their address.
    After rebooting a Wifi AP, it received a new IP address from the DHCP server.

I can access the switchs remotely by using a wireless access point remote access. What should I look for to get an idea of the problem?

Thanks !

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 577  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @naik

To better assist you with resolving the connectivity issue you're experiencing, could you kindly provide us with the following details:

1. Could you please collect the tech-support information from both of your switches and send it to us via private message? For detailed instructions on how to gather the tech support data, you can refer to this article: [Switch] How to collect the Tech-support Info? — Zyxel Community
    2. Have you made any changes to the MTU size configuration on your router recently?
    3. It would be helpful if you could check the ARP table on your router and see if any IP conflicts are occurring on the switches.

Kay

• naik
    First Comment
    edited March 12
    Options

hi !

Due to privacy concerns, the tech support files have been removed.

2) I don't made any change.

3) I'll ask Verizon !

Thanks

• naik
    First Comment
    Options

Hi,

2)

From a laptop connected to the WiFi :

Ping 8.8.8.8 -f -l 1472

Reply OK

Ping 8.8.8.8 -f -l 1473

Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @naik

Thank you for sharing the information.

In the meantime, we have noticed that you have raised a ticket #240300579. We will conduct further investigation on your site. If there is any progress, we will update you soon.

Kay

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @naik

Based on the information provided, we recommend adjusting the MTU size to 1500 bytes on both the WAN and LAN interfaces of your router, including the ISP device. This is because switches may utilize packet sizes larger than 1500 bytes during NETCONF communication between the switch and the Nebula CC server.

Kay