GS1900-24HP | DAC SFP+?

Options
Alex_91
Alex_91 Posts: 14  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

we have an old Zyxel GS1900 switch, everything works perfectly.
We are updating the various devices for my customer, among these we have replaced the server with a new HPE with a 10Gb 2-port 562SFP+ network card.
I wonder, while waiting for the customer to also replace the switch with a new XGS, can I connect the server with a DAC cable to the current switch (I can connect the GS1900-24 to the server obviously reducing the speed to 1Gb)??

Thank you

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 944  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Alex_91 ,

We have successfully tested our DAC SFP+ with the GS1900-24HP, confirming compatibility.

If you encounter any issues during setup, please configure the HPE 10Gb 2-port 562SFP+ network card force to operate at 1Gbps.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• Alex_91
    Alex_91 Posts: 14  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

I don't know if there is anything else that needs to be changed, but with the attached settings the system still doesn't work. (i'm using cable DAC10G-1M)

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 944  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Alex_91 ,

We have verified that our 1-meter DAC 10G cable is compatible between the GS1900-24HP and a 10G network card PC, set to operate at 1G in a Windows environment.

It appears you are using a VMWare environment for your setup. We suggest testing the configuration in Windows.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!