Connect Zycel and Cisco SW by SFP+

Options
Khain
Khain Posts: 3
First Anniversary First Comment

Hi,

I want to buy a new Zycel Sw : XS1930-12F and connect to Cisco C9300L-24T-4X by port SFP+.

So can I use the DAC cable to connect both devices?

DAC cable Cisco Or Zycel.

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 577  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Khain

For the XS1930-12F, we recommend using the DAC that we have listed on the XS1930-12F datasheet, which is DAC10G-1M and DAC10G-3M. These transceivers and DACs have undergone rigorous testing conducted by Zyxel.

Furthermore, it's worth noting that the Cisco C9300L-24T-4X might not automatically detect third-party transceivers or DAC cables. However, there are CLI commands available to facilitate detection.

ZYXEL switch products are recommended to be used exclusively with ZYXEL brand modules to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
    Using modules from third-party sources can potentially lead to decreased network performance and reliability, such as packet loss and connectivity issues, which also cannot be guaranteed by ZYXEL. ZYXEL may not offer technical support for networking issues that are identified as being caused by IOP with third-party modules.

Kay

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Khain

For the XS1930-12F, we recommend using the DAC that we have listed on the XS1930-12F datasheet, which is DAC10G-1M and DAC10G-3M. These transceivers and DACs have undergone rigorous testing conducted by Zyxel.

Furthermore, it's worth noting that the Cisco C9300L-24T-4X might not automatically detect third-party transceivers or DAC cables. However, there are CLI commands available to facilitate detection.

ZYXEL switch products are recommended to be used exclusively with ZYXEL brand modules to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
    Using modules from third-party sources can potentially lead to decreased network performance and reliability, such as packet loss and connectivity issues, which also cannot be guaranteed by ZYXEL. ZYXEL may not offer technical support for networking issues that are identified as being caused by IOP with third-party modules.

Kay

• Khain
    Khain Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Hi Kay,

Thank you for your information.

—> Could you please help give me the CLI commands on Cisco SW ?

I think that If I ask Cisco, they will not support me about this.

Thank you.

Khainv

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @Khain

Regarding the CLI commands to enable third-party transceivers on Cisco switches, you may find relevant discussions in this forum thread on the Cisco Community: https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/command-used-to-allow-3rd-party-transceiver-on-2960-switch/td-p/1357248

However, please note that while these discussions may provide some insights, I must clarify that I am not familiar with the Cisco device you mentioned. The CLI commands mentioned in the thread might potentially be applicable to your specific Cisco model.

For further assistance tailored to your Cisco C9300L-24T-4X switch, I recommend reaching out to Cisco support or considering raising a discussion on Cisco Community.

Kay