Content Filter blocking all traffic temporarily?

Options
FHartge
FHartge Posts: 3
First Anniversary First Comment

We have a particular user on our network (and I believe it may happen to everyone but this person is the one talking about it). If He clicks on a link in an e-mail or goes to a news article, whatever. And that site is—for some reason—blocked by the filter (today it was a newsweek article). He will get cut off from ALL internet traffic for several minutes.

Our Filter is strict and it doesn't trust unknown sites so many times it will hit false positives but that is not the issue. The issue is ALL internet traffic for that device is cut off for several minutes. It is strange. All e-mail, web communication, all other apps unable to connect. Is there a setting somewhere I need to turn off?

All Replies

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 624  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

May I know your device information? which model and firmware version?
    I would like to clarify the symptoms, please answer the questions below.
    Do you mean that all internet access will be blocked after encountering a content filter blocked?
    Does the log show anything when this happens?
    How did you recover it? or the issue disappear after a few minutes?

For further checking, please collect the logs and diaginfo when the issue happens again, thanks

• FHartge
    Options

It's a USG110 Firmware is 4.73 (AAPH.2)

All internet is blocked for just that device for several minutes

Well, I have a separate issue with the logs. I can only see 30-minutes of information in the log and can't figure out how to extend that so I can't determine what is going on because he tells me it happens hours later.

There is no recovery other than simply waiting and everything starts to work again.

• FHartge
    Options

Please let me know how to get Diagnostic information from the firewall. I don't immediately see where or how to do that.

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 624  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Navigate to Maintenence -> Diagnostic -> "Collect Now", it may take 3-5 minutes to collect. You can send it to me via private message, we can discuss for further checking.

Security Highlight