GS2200-24 Firmware & SNMP

Options
Jules52
Jules52 Posts: 2

Hi all,

I have a GS2200-24 port switch, the current firmware is V3.90(BPM.0)|06/16/2009

Is there a later version that I could use, if so can you outline the steps for upgrading the firmware for me.

The other question I have is regarding SNMP due to qualys vulnerabilities, would it be better to disable SNMPv1/2c, if it was disabled what is the outcome, or can it be removed?

Thanks all

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 944  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jules52 ,

The latest firmware for the GS2200-24, version 4.00(BPM.4)C0, is available for download here.

For instructions on how to upgrade the firmware, please consult Guide page 251.

Related to SNMP, if it is not required, SNMP can be disabled to suit your network management needs. If you want to view and monitor certain SW information/ features via SNMP, you can consider choosing V3.

Moreover, please be aware that the GS2200-24 model has reached its EOL status. For optimal performance and support, we recommend exploring our current switch offerings here: Switch | Zyxel Networks

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 944  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jules52 ,

The latest firmware for the GS2200-24, version 4.00(BPM.4)C0, is available for download here.

For instructions on how to upgrade the firmware, please consult Guide page 251.

Related to SNMP, if it is not required, SNMP can be disabled to suit your network management needs. If you want to view and monitor certain SW information/ features via SNMP, you can consider choosing V3.

Moreover, please be aware that the GS2200-24 model has reached its EOL status. For optimal performance and support, we recommend exploring our current switch offerings here: Switch | Zyxel Networks

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!