XGS1930-52HP taking ages to boot / PoE not working

Options
MrFreezer
MrFreezer Posts: 1

Hi,

everything started with lost power to all my PoE-Devices. Restarting the switch ended up in marking it as "dead" since it stood there with a flashing sys-light for ages.

today i connected to the console port, uploaded the rom to completely reset it and watched the boot-up.

had to leave and when i came back there it was: solid sys-light, blinking cloud led. connected a lan cable and was able to access the web-console.

i am into another restart right now, since i couldn't see all of the bootup messages (while i left the notebook fell asleep so it missed some) and again its taking ages.

but for now i am seeing this inside the terminal window:

saw the 1013 earlier before i left that's why i rebooted it in the first place (to get all the messages)

is this a known issue, is there any help to this or at least a reasonably priced way for a repair or am i the lucky owner of a pretty pricy doorstopper now? even disabling the poe-part to speed up the boot process in the future and reusing it as a 1930-52 instead of a 52hp would be considerable for me.

regards,

ingo

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 952  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited April 22
    Options

Hi Ingo,

It appears that there is a PoE issue with your XGS1930-52HP. We recommend proceeding with the RMA process to address this problem.

EU RMA link here

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!