USG FLEX 200H V1.20(ABWV.0) SNMP Issues

Options

There is a support article titled "What OIDs do the Zyxel firewalls (USG/ATP/VPN) use to monitor key parameters?". It has OIDs for System CPU current Usage & System current session number. When I query those and compare them to the values on the 200H System Dashboard, they are significantly different.

I also get erratic responses from the 200H when querying SNMP. Sometimes it returns results immediately. Sometimes my snmp client times out with its defaults of 1 second timeouts and 5 retries. If I turn up the timeout to 10 seconds and set retries to 3, then it seems to complete all queries but is still erratic.

Accepted Solution

• SAI_Mike
    SAI_Mike Posts: 12
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for explaining the differences.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,306  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited May 10
    Options

Hi @SAI_Mike,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We will check the value of USG FLEX 200H on SNMP monitor and the dashboard.

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,306  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @SAI_Mike,

CPU
    Web GUI: The value doesn't contain fast path traffic.
    SMNP "sysCPUUsage": The value contains both fast-path traffic and other traffic (ex. calculate the statistics, GUI data processing...).
    Note: You can use OID (.1.3.6.1.4.1.890.1.15.3.2.21) to monitor CPU usage for fast-path traffic.

Session
    Web GUI: The value contains forward sessions only
    SMNP "sysSessionNum": The value contains not only forward sessions but all sessions

• SAI_Mike
    SAI_Mike Posts: 12
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for explaining the differences.