From Wires to Wi-Fi: How is Your Network Designed?

Options
Zyxel_Kay
Zyxel_Kay Posts: 637  Zyxel Employee
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited May 31 in Community Campaign

Greetings, Zyxel Community!

Are you eager to share your networking story with fellow enthusiasts but haven't found the right place? Look no further than our “From Wires to Wi-Fi: How is Your Network Designed?" activity! Share your experiences and insights for a chance to [win a spectacular NWA50AX Pro WiFi 6 Access Point.]

By sharing your experiences, you not only highlight your achievements but also contribute valuable insights that can help others in our community. It's a fantastic way to give back, gain visibility, and connect with fellow Zyxel enthusiasts.

How to share?

Share your network setup story in this post, including your Zyxel devices (model names) and the setup photos.

Activity Details:

• Duration: Now until 09:00, June 30, 2024 (UTC+0)
  • Platform: Below this post

The Prize Awaits:

The top 3 most inspired stories will win a [spectacular NWA50AX PRO WiFi 6 Access Point], setting new standards in their network wizardry!

Let's make this activity an epic networking adventure and raise the bar for networking excellence. Your story could be the spark that ignites a networking revolution!

Selection Criteria:

Winners will be selected based on the following criteria:

1. Comprehensiveness: The top priority is given to stories that are comprehensive, providing detailed insights into the network setup.
  2. Number of Likes: The second consideration is the number of likes received. However, posts lacking configuration tips, features, or images but with a high number of likes won't be considered the top inspiring story.

Rules you should know:

1. Participants must use only one real account. Each account is limited to one entry; duplicate submissions will not be counted.
  2. Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. Follow the Community guidelines.
  3. Participation implies granting permission to Zyxel to use articles, photos, or videos for commercial usage without further notice.
  4. The Company reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.

Your stories are a testament to the power of connectivity and innovation. We can't wait to celebrate your achievements and share in the joy of your success.

Looking forward to your inspiring stories!

Share yours now! https://bit.ly/4aO0BMF

Kay

Comments

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 12
    Options

It's been a while since I last posted here, but I just saw this activity and couldn’t resist jumping back in. Here’s a look at my current network setup.

My Current Setup:

• Security Router: SCR50
    • Switch: GS1915-8EP
    • Access Points: NAP203 and NWA50AX

I’ve got the NAP203 set up as my main access point (root AP), and the NWA50AX as a repeater in a smart mesh network. This setup gives me great Wi-Fi coverage throughout my house.

I’m happy to be back and share my setup with everyone. Also get a new AP to replace my NAP203 lol. I’m looking forward to seeing other the amazing network setups out there!

• PeterN
    PeterN Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited June 10
    Options

My Current Setup:
    Router: EvoTech FTTH 100
    Security Router: SCR50

Switch: GS1915-8EP
    Access Points: 2x NWA90AX

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,907  Guru Member
    Community MVP First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    edited June 11
    Options

So from the beginning I didn't like wifi until I got a smart phone and before that I didn't even have a simple router because I didn't like NAT yup it was me my software firewall and for my home server Internet connection sharing in windows and then one day I started looking at ways I can have my one WAN IP on main PC and server plus HTPC and DNS server by the use of VLAN's then looked into USG bridge firewalls and then how to do NAT for wifi and WAN IP on device to which my network expanded over time along with needing a bigger cabinet.

Real DMZ example (not yet working for H models)

https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/comment/53063/#Comment_53063

Not all my kit is Zyxel but most of it is.

Access Points

NWA1123-AC HD repeater by PoE

WAX510D by PoE and managed by USG60W

Security Routers

USG40 Real DMZ with server

USG60 for HTPC

USG60W wifi

Zywall 110 Real DMZ with main PC

FLEX200 Real DMZ with DNS server bind

FLEX200 H testing

VPN300 main BWM

Switch

GS2210-24

• Bayo
    Bayo Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I have two NWA50AX access points: one in my living room as the root AP, and the other in the bathroom as a repeater AP. I know it might sound odd to place an access point in the bathroom, but you’ll understand if you've ever been without WiFi while sitting on the toilet. 😅