Wireless Bridge Mode and NWA210AX LAN Port

Ceccus
Ceccus Posts: 30  Freshman Member
Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Hi,
In Wireless Bridge mode, the NWA210AX and its LAN port are Down often. I need to permanently connect a DVR Recorder via LAN port. Which configuration should I implement? Or, alternatively, which Hardware do you recommend me to use?
My network consists of 2 x NWA50AX, 1 x NWA110AX and 1 x NWA210AX in MESH mode. NWA110AX is the ROOT AP (connected via cable to the POE Switch)
Thank you and best regards

David

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 898  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security
    Answer ✓

Hi @Ceccus

To set up a wireless bridge connection, both of your access points (APs) need to support the wireless bridge feature. Unfortunately, your NWA110AX (root AP) and NWA210AX (repeater AP) do not support the wireless bridge function. As a result, when you establish a mesh connection between the NWA110AX (root) and the NWA210AX (repeater), the LAN port on the NWA210AX will not function.

For more details about the wireless bridge function, you may refer to this article:

Additionally, to ensure the LAN port on the NWA210AX can be used, you can either switch your deployment and make the NWA210AX the root AP, or consider using another model that supports the wireless bridge function. To find out which models support the wireless bridge function, you can refer to the device function table on Nebula CC.

Kay

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 898  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security
    Answer ✓

Hi @Ceccus

To set up a wireless bridge connection, both of your access points (APs) need to support the wireless bridge feature. Unfortunately, your NWA110AX (root AP) and NWA210AX (repeater AP) do not support the wireless bridge function. As a result, when you establish a mesh connection between the NWA110AX (root) and the NWA210AX (repeater), the LAN port on the NWA210AX will not function.

For more details about the wireless bridge function, you may refer to this article:

Additionally, to ensure the LAN port on the NWA210AX can be used, you can either switch your deployment and make the NWA210AX the root AP, or consider using another model that supports the wireless bridge function. To find out which models support the wireless bridge function, you can refer to the device function table on Nebula CC.

Kay

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• Ceccus
    Ceccus Posts: 30  Freshman Member
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    edited June 13

Hi Kay,
    Thank you for your very clear answer.
    I have currently configured the 2 APs in "Manual Uplink" in Smart Mesh mode with Static IP (DHCP reserved).
    At this moment the configuration seems to be stable and LAN 1 port works regularly.
    I will check in the future and if there are any malfunctions and possibly replace the 2 APs with the indicated models that support Wireless Bridge functionality.
    Thanks again

David