DOES USG LITE 60AX router also support IGMP

jjvalstar
jjvalstar Posts: 5
First Comment
edited July 9 in Security

Does the router  USG LITE 60AX also support IGMP (also snooping and relay)?

Furthermore, does it also support a virtual lan (VLAN ID = 4) for IPTV?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 830  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security

Hi @jjvalstar

Currently, the USG LITE 60AX does not support the IGMP feature, including IGMP snooping and relay. However, it does support VLAN segmentation and IPTV features. The IPTV feature will be available and effective with firmware version V2.00 Patch 3, which is scheduled for release by the end of July.

To better understand your requirements, could you please share more details about why you need the IGMP feature on the USG LITE 60AX? Additionally, it would be helpful if you could provide your network topology and how you plan to deploy your network with the USG LITE 60AX.

Kay

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• jjvalstar
    First Comment

How does the IPTV feature works? I do have routed IPTV. That means, it uses VLAN 4.

The setup boxes does not work with VLAN, the VLAN ID is removed prior send it to the box. If I setup the router with VLAN 4, I get the IP address of the IPTV network and then not able to Internet. With my current router I do have a WAN interface and a Virtual WAN for VLAN ID 4 and DHCP OPTION 60, the Virtual WAN get the ip address of the IPTV and the I assigned IGMP (relay and snooping) to the virtual WAN.

That works for KPN IPTV, I'm curious how your IPTV works for more setupboxes in the network.

• jjvalstar
    First Comment

The setup is shown as above. At this moment I do have a Zyxel Switch to re-direct the VLAN 4 traffic (IPTV) to different ports and remove the VLAN ID on these ports. The Zyxel switch support IGMP.

But I want to have your router setup as with the attach picture. So, that say. You need 2 WAN's one virtual (VLAN ID 4 and DHCP OPTION 60) and one physical.

IGMP Proxy is need to make a bridge to the VLAN 4 and IGMP Snooping might not be needed as the router port will be connected to a Zyxel GS1900-24E switch which does support IGMP.

• Zyxel_Kay
    Second Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security

Hi @jjvalstar

Thank you for sharing the further information with us.

The IPTV feature on the USG LITE 60AX works by forwarding whichever multicast protocol is used by your IPTV set-top box. This includes forwarding the stream received on the WAN port to the IPTV using Layer 2 (L2) forwarding between the WAN and IPTV.

For a more detailed guide, you can refer to the attached network diagram:

Please note that the IPTV feature, including this multicast forwarding functionality, will be available and effective with firmware version V2.00 Patch 3, which is scheduled for release by the end of July 2024.

The USG LITE 60AX does not support having two physical WAN interfaces. However, the ISP usually provides a single WAN connection that handles both IPTV and Internet traffic, similar to the diagram above.

Kay

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• VCS
    VCS Posts: 5  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment

As you indeed say. I get one physical connection which as Internet traffic and IPTV traffic over VLAN 4.

I have it configured the WAN as shown below.

And how should the bridge be configured?

• Zyxel_Kay
    edited September 3

Hi @VCS

Could you please confirm if your IPTV subnet is the same as your LAN and ISP subnets?

If it is, you can configure your WAN interface accordingly and set the IPTV mode to "Bridge."

For more details about the IPTV scenario and configuration on USG LITE 60AX, you may refer to this post:

Kay

Security Highlight