WBE660S VLAN

ESC
ESC Posts: 2  Freshman Member
First Comment

Hello

I can configure the management Vlan1 by disabling the native function of vlan1.

How to configure the other Vlans (vlan10, vlan20, etc...) in untagged. Each new Vlan created is automatically tagged. I would like them to be untagged.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,140  Zyxel Employee
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments
    Answer ✓

Hi @ESC,

Normally, the access point can only select tag or untag for management VLAN. For other VLANs, you should keep it as tagged since this will separate their broadcast domain. Untagged the VLAN ID will make all your traffic in the same broadcast domain and cause network problems.

Zyxel Melen

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! 

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments
    Answer ✓

Hi @ESC,

Normally, the access point can only select tag or untag for management VLAN. For other VLANs, you should keep it as tagged since this will separate their broadcast domain. Untagged the VLAN ID will make all your traffic in the same broadcast domain and cause network problems.

Zyxel Melen

• ESC
    ESC Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    First Comment

Thank you for your answer.

The WBE660S is connected to a Mikrotik CRS 312 in 10 Gb. The switch operates several other access points (Linksys LAPAC 2600).The Mickrotik 312 has several Vlans. The Mickrotik and all access points are tagged on Vlan 1 (gateway). Then each AP redistributes the other VLANs 10, 20, 30.... in untagged. The Vlans of all APs work except the WBE660S.

The WBE660S is set with:IP mode DHCP. vlan ID 1 is tagged (As Native Vlan unchecked)

Vlan configuration vlan1 VID 1 member lan1(U) vlan10 VID 10 member lan1(T) vlan20 VID 20 member lan1(T) etc...

Wireless Bridge Vlan setting 1 10 2 20 etc....

SSID Profile (A different SSID per vlan) Vlan ID 1 OK Vlan ID 10 KO Vlan ID 20 KO etc...

Did I forget a parameter?

Thanks

• Zyxel_Melen

Hi @ESC,

Let me provide my working configuration to you.

For the AP:
    SSID profiles have VLAN 1, VLAN 10, and VLAN 20 profiles.

For the switch:
    AP connecting port should be VLAN 1, 10, and 20 VLAN members with TX tagging. The port connects to the uplink should also with TX tagging.

Please feel free to share your configuration so I can better point out what might be missed.

Zyxel Melen