Problem upload speed NWA50AX Firmware 7.0

Ozzk_7
Ozzk_7 Posts: 6  Freshman Member
Friend Collector First Comment

Hi, I've installed the NWA50AX access point and connected it to a Zyxel FWA505 router via a 1G/Full LAN ethernet port (verified). In download, I receive the same speed that I receive by connecting to the wifi directly to the router, which is about 650mbps/700mbps, but in upload, the speed drops to 2mbps, while connected to the router's wifi the upload speed is 100mbps. Basically, in download no problem, the same speed is returned by both the router and the access point, instead I have a speed difference in upload between the router and the access point, Upload router speedtest of 100mbps, Upload access point speedtest of 2mbps. How can I solve the problem? Thank you.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 647  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch 50 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security

Hi @Ozzk_7

Could you please provide us with more information?

• Is the upload issue occurring on just one device, or are all devices experiencing the same problem?
    • How have you configured the WiFi on the NWA50AX? Is the issue present on the 2.4GHz band, the 5GHz band, or both?

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

Nami

• Ozzk_7
    edited August 30

@Zyxel_Nami

Hi Nami. The WiFi was configured using 2 separate SSIDs, one for 2.4 and one for 5GHz. all the settings of channel, Band, frequency are default settings. the problem is present with all the devices tested. the problem is present on both the 2.4 network and on the 5. I'm afraid the problem might be the last firmware on 7.0 because I read that after this update many complain about speed issues. What's more, the strange thing is that the problem is only in upload, and if with the same device I connect in wifi to the router instead I have full speed even in upload. If it was a cable problem, interference or whatever, I should have speed problems with the access point even in downloads. Instead of downloading the speed is the full one returned by the router, in upload it collapses, I get to 2mbps with the access point.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch 50 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security

Hi @Ozzk_7

Could you please confirm whether the positions of the two devices were the same when you conducted the speed tests?

Additionally, it would be helpful if you could enable Zyxel Support Access, so we can investigate the issue further.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

Nami

• Ozzk_7

Hello, yes the position is the same. Zyxel Support Access enabled already.

• Ozzk_7

The forum is full of people complaining about wifi slowdowns after firmware updates. Why doesn't anybody do anything? In my case the problem is only in upload and only whit the nwa50ax. Very strage. Update firmware need!!!!

• Zyxel_Nami

Hi @Ozzk_7

Could you please perform a speed test without the NWA50AX by connecting your laptop directly to the LAN port of the FWA505?

This will help us understand the baseline performance. Once you've done that, kindly share the results with us.

Nami

• Ozzk_7
    edited September 3

Ok done. 700Mbps in download and 100Mbps in upload. Laptop in LAN to fwa505. All devices (including wifi) connected directly to the FWA505 router reach 100Mbps in upload. Connected to the nwa50ax we are at 2mbps in upload.

• Zyxel_Nami

Hi @Ozzk_7

Thank you for sharing your test results.

In our local test using the same models (FWA505 with a local SIM and NWA50AX), we observed that the upload speeds were not as low as single-digit Mbps (like 1 or 2 Mbps) on either device, as shown below. Therefore, the 2 Mbps upload issue you're experiencing is unlikely to be caused by the NWA50AX.

Our test involved only one client device at a time to ensure accurate results. Please try testing again with only one client connected to each device and share the screenshots with us. Additionally, we recommend testing with the 5GHz SSID of the NWA50AX to avoid potential interference from the 2.4GHz band, which has many clients connected on your site.

Additionally, could you provide more details on the client experience during these low upload speeds? Are there any specific behaviors or issues you’ve noticed?

The forum is full of people complaining about wifi slowdowns after firmware updates. 

⇒ Could you share the links to the forum posts about Wi-Fi slowdowns after firmware updates that you mentioned? This will help us investigate further.

Thank you!

Nami