Accidentally Booted to Config 2...

doug_stone
doug_stone Posts: 3  Freshman Member
First Comment

I can no longer access switch through IP address. I assume that config 2 assigned it a DHCP address because it's still working on our network.

How can I force to to reboot to Config 1?

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 991  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security
    Answer ✓

Hi @doug_stone

Could you please let us know which switch model you are using?

If the switch is set to obtain an IP address via DHCP and you cannot access it, here are two steps you can follow to resolve the issue:

1. Connect the switch to a network with a DHCP server so it can obtain an IP address automatically. Once the IP is assigned, you should be able to access the switch.
    2. Use the ZON Utility to scan your network for the switch. This tool allows you to reconfigure the IP settings, including switching it back to a Static IP. For detailed instructions, you can refer to this post:

Once you've regained access to the switch, you can reboot it into your preferred configuration.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 991  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security
    Answer ✓

Hi @doug_stone

Could you please let us know which switch model you are using?

If the switch is set to obtain an IP address via DHCP and you cannot access it, here are two steps you can follow to resolve the issue:

1. Connect the switch to a network with a DHCP server so it can obtain an IP address automatically. Once the IP is assigned, you should be able to access the switch.
    2. Use the ZON Utility to scan your network for the switch. This tool allows you to reconfigure the IP settings, including switching it back to a Static IP. For detailed instructions, you can refer to this post:

Once you've regained access to the switch, you can reboot it into your preferred configuration.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• doug_stone
    doug_stone Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    First Comment

Thank you. I was able to connect to the DHCP IP address and boot back to Config#1.