ATP800 is using higher RAM, exceeding 90%, leading it to not being accessible sometimes

emuda
emuda Posts: 9  Freshman Member
Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security First Comment Friend Collector First Anniversary

i am encountering another strange issue that i believe you have help with. I noticed that our ATP800 is using higher RAM, exceeding 90%, leading it to not being accessible sometimes, and can lead to traffic drops or being unresponsive. There is nothing strange we are doing on the gateway, and almost most of the services are not working. I have attached diaginfo.

I always thank you for support.

Eric.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,291  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate

Hi @emuda,

According to your update, this issue has been solved. I want to mentioned you that your firmware version is not the latest version. It is recommended upgrading to the latest firmware version, which fix many vulnerabilities.

Zywall USG FLEX Series & ATP Series - V5.39Patch 0 Firmware Release — Zyxel Community

In addition, please help to monitor if the RAM/memory usage gets high again. Once it happens, please feel free to contact us.

• emuda
    Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security First Comment Friend Collector First Anniversary

Hi @Zyxel_Melen,

The issue was resolved by rebooting the gateway. But since then, I've observed a gradual increase in memory usage, which has risen from approximately 18% to 37% in less than 3 weeks.
    I will continue to monitor it throughout the week and provide updates if any significant changes in memory usage.

Additionally, I've upgraded to the latest version as recommended, which we hope will address the underlying problems.

Thank you for your time and support; it's greatly appreciated.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,291  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate

Hi @emuda,

Thanks for your update. Please feel free to reach us again if the issue happens again.

• emuda

Hi @Zyxel_Melen,

On September 23rd, memory usage was at 37%. Now, three weeks later (Today), it has increased to 58%, indicating a 21% rise during this period. This suggests that something might be gradually filling the memory daily. Are there specific areas we should check, such as logs or other sources?

Eric

Security Highlight