[GS1900-24EP] Having Wireguard Subnet be on same subnet as LAN

Options
MrOverEmployed
MrOverEmployed Posts: 2
First Comment
image  Freshman Member

Hello everyone,

My use case is that I have two devices that need to be on the same subnet. I am using software called Dante Controller that only works if all clients are on the same subnet.

The issue is one device is attached to the network via Wireguard VPN and, therefore, on a different subnet.

The two devices:

1. An Audinate USB Adapter on the LAN on sub that is on subnet 10.0.0.0/24
2. Laptop on the WAN connected via Wireguard that is on subnet 10.0.1.0/24

I tried setting up VLANs, one for each subnet, but I'm stuck on how to get the two subnets to be treated as a single one.

All Replies

  • Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 5,116
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate
    image  Zyxel Employee
    Options

    Hi @MrOverEmployed,

    I would like to clarify:

    1. Please share your topology.
    2. Does your VPN server, aka router, support mDNS routing between VPN and local LAN?

    In addition, we recommend Networked AV solution switches for the Dante network. Please reference our website for more information:

    https://www.zyxel.com/global/en/solutions/use-case/networked-av

    Zyxel Melen


  • MrOverEmployed
    MrOverEmployed Posts: 2
    First Comment
    image  Freshman Member
    edited November 2024
    Options
    1. Attached is the topology
    2. I am currently running Wireguard Server on a raspberry PI via Docker. I'll have to review if supports multicast DNS.
    topology.drawio (1).png
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 5,116
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate
    image  Zyxel Employee
    Options

    Hi @MrOverEmployed,

    Thanks for sharing your topology. I also want to notify you that Dante network uses mDNS to find devices, therefore, you need to make sure your Wireguard supports mDNS routing between your subnet 10.0.0.0/24 and 10.0.1.0/24.

    Zyxel Melen