Changing a VPN user's password on your own

Options
kaktusus
kaktusus Posts: 16
First Comment
image  Freshman Member
edited July 2025 in Security

We are currently using Flex200.

I've read through many threads regarding the topic of allowing VPN users to change their own passwords, but none of them led me to a working solution — in fact, I’m now even more confused.

Since many of these discussions are outdated, I would like to know what options are currently available.

From what I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any way to allow a user to change their own password according to defined policies — or even to simply change the password at all.

All Replies

  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 4,731
    250 Answers 2500 Comments Friend Collector Ninth Anniversary
    image  Guru Member
    Options

    You can change user password in User & authentication > user / group

  • kaktusus
    kaktusus Posts: 16
    First Comment
    image  Freshman Member
    edited July 2025
    Options

    Hey.

    I know that.

    Functionality sought: user logs into FLEX to change their password themselves.

    obraz.png

    At the moment, only what you see above is available.

  • Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 5,102
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate
    image  Zyxel Employee
    edited July 2025
    Options

    Hi @kaktusus

    Yes, currently the user account's password can be changed by admin account only. I have created an idea post for this issue.

    [USG FLEX/ATP] User account can change its password by themselves — Zyxel Community

    Anyone who likes this idea, please leave your comment in this idea post and give it a vote.

    Update: edit idea post to the correct model.

    Zyxel Melen


  • Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 5,102
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate
    image  Zyxel Employee
    Options

    Hi @kaktusus

    Additionally, if you hope the user can have more secure, you can consider to enable "Two-factor Authentication".

    Zyxel Melen