[USG60W] Teamviewer is blocked by Zyxel

DanhVo
DanhVo Posts: 3
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security

Dear everyone,

I am not really a IT guy. I just currently setup a Zyxel USG60W with 1 WAN + 1 LAN port. LAN port is connected to 1 switch hub with 2 computers. Now 2 computers are able to connect to the internet. But my teamviewer is unreachable. I tried to connect to internet cable directly to the PC and teamviewer just worked. So i suspended that my Zyxel just blocked my teamviewer.

Do you guys know is there any configuration that may block my teamviewer ? Thanks in advance!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,426  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @DanhVo ,

Welcome to Zyxel Community.?

Did you apply App patrol on security policy?

When you open Teamview, can you see any blocked log on USG?

Log at “Monitor > Log > View log”, fill in your source IP for log filter.

• Dear Cooldia,

The configuration is default, i checked the security policy and there is no UTM profile - app partrol being applied.

I also checked the log but still didn't find any log which is related to my PC or teamviewer.

• Zyxel_Cooldia

Hi @DanhVo

Can you disable security policy and try it again?

We would like to know if the Teamview works fine when no security policy enable on USG.

Lets’ eliminate bit by bit.

Disable security policy at “CONFIGURATION > Security Policy”

• Hi Cooldia,

I tried it a few hours ago, but the problem still remains. I can't also access to teamviewer homepage.

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Hi @DanhVo,
    It may need to investigate on your device., I will contact you via private message.
  • Hello,

I have the same issue as dicribed before. Could aynone help me?

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,278  Zyxel Employee

Hi @BartDeStrooper_2880,

Here are some steps for troubleshooting.

1. Is your USG/ZyWALL placed behind another NAT router?

2. Disable security policy in “CONFIGURATION > Security Policy” temporarily and check Teamviewer is able to work. If USG/ZyWALL is not placed behind NAT router and the wan interface is connected to ISP directly, the PC in LAN should be able to open Teamviewer when security policy is disabled.

3. If Teamviewer is working after the whole security policy is disabled and not working after security policy is enabled, it means Teamviewer is blocked by the USG/ZyWALL. Then check the logs and see if it is blocked by any App Patrol rule.

• chandan
    chandan Posts: 72  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Hello @DanhVo & @BartDeStrooper_2880 ,

Check the USG logs, to see what is the exact issue of blocking team viewer..
    If the USG device is newly setup, try to reset it once.
    Connect the PC directly to internet (before firewall) to verify whether there is any blocking/restriction from router side (NAT).

If still you are not able to identify the issue with your USG firewall, you may need to follow Zyxel team instruction e.g. @Zyxel_Cooldia instruction on post no 4 in this thread.

Security Highlight