Zywall USG110 with a Gigabit connection

Options
monneyla
monneyla Posts: 10
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
hi,
I have a zywall USG110 with a Gigabit connection. With only the internet router from the provider (UPC Cablecom) I reach the 1Gb/s speed. If I connect the router to my Zywall (without any UTM enabled) the max speed is 650Mb/s. Any idea?
Thanks.

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,795  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Yes thats about right for the USG110 by TCP the VPN300 with SPI firewall throughput (Mbps) of 2,600 which is by UDP will likly hit 1Gb TCP.
  • monneyla
    Options
    ok. thanks for your quick answer. but what I do not understand is that on the USG110 specification is it written SPI firewall throughput(Mbps) 1'600... 
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,795  Guru Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Yes 1,600 but thats for UDP
    Maximum throughput based on RFC 2544 (1,518-byte UDP packets).

• monneyla
    Options
    ok. thanks a lot. finally this USG110 at that price is not that a good choice for me...
  • Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,298  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    @monneyla,
     The maximum throughput 1600 Mbps for USG110 is measured based on UDP packets, not TCP.
    On the datasheet we have stated that the maximum throughput is measured based on RFC 2544 (1,518-byte UDP packets).
    If you run the speed on http://www.speedtest.net/, it runs over TCP.
    Usually we take 1/2 of the UDP value for TCP throughput. The throughput may vary depending on the network traffic, so the actual measured TCP throughput is around 80% of 1/2 of UDP(1600), which is 40% of UDP(1600) around 640Mbps. Your test result 650Mbps is pretty close to the specification.

@PeterUK
     Thanks for your answer.  =)

Security Highlight