[Release Note] Nebula Security Gateway Series - Phase 8.1 firmware has been released!

Nebula Moderator
Nebula Moderator Posts: 127  Zyxel Employee
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment

Zyxel Nebula Security Gateway Series 

Release Note

October, 2019

Firmware Version on all models

Zyxel NSG50 - V1.33(ABHP.0)

Zyxel NSG100 - V1.33(ABEA.0)

Zyxel NSG200 - V1.33(ABLD.0)

Zyxel NSG300 - V1.33(ABOS.0)

New Feature and Enhancements

1. Improved Security service page to simplify the configure security service features.
  2. New Gateway settings page to accommodate Gateway service features, such as DNS, authentication and global walled garden.
  3. New Captive Portal theme editing that now allows you to edit in a much rich editor including syntax coloring, and improved preview mode.
  4. NSS analysis reporting and client information have been improved to provide more information. For example, NSS analysis report adds client description to facilitate client identification, clients drill down that allows you to identify clients that the NSG Blocked Virus for.
  5. Interface based Content Filtering (select which interface requires Content Filtering).
  6. Virtual Server now gives ability to specify protocol (TCP/UDP/any).
  7. Remote access VPN now supports IPSec VPN client.
  8. Non-Nebula VPN peers support IKEv2 and VPN Tunnel Interface for Azure static route support.
  9. Rename the Non-Nebula VPN IPsec policy preset from “Azure” to “Azure policy-base”.
  10. NAT Port 500/4500 can be used if VPN is not in-use.
  11. Top 10 ports chart is included in Summary report.

BUG FIX

[BUG FIX] ITS#190700193

Symptom: VLAN DHCP pool not work.

Condition:

1. Create a site, set DHCP relay in LAN1 interface(192.168.10.1).
  2. Add device to the site.
  3. Add a VLAN100 with DHCP server (192.168.1.0/24), then save.
  4. It will fail to create VLAN100 DHCP (192.168.1.0/24).

Patch 1 bug fixes(2019-11-18)

Zyxel NSG50 - 1.33(ABHP.1)

Zyxel NSG100 - 1.33(ABEA.1)

Zyxel NSG200 - 1.33(ABLD.1)

Zyxel NSG300 - 1.33(ABOS.1)

Patch 1 Bug fix: Fix device not able to reconnect to the server when the connection is not stable issue.

Symptom:

• NSG incorrectly online in Nebula Control Center
  • Traffic summary, NSS analysis, Clients and device status do not display up-to-date data; live tools not usable.

Condition: When connection is not stable, NSG will not be able to reconnect to Nebula server.

Nebula Forum Moderator

Comments

• When I disable content filtering for a specific VLAN, the firewall rules now also seem to be ignored for that specific VLAN! (I can randomly remote desktop between VLANS where the content filtering is off. Not when it's turned back on)

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @PeterW

May I know what's your configuration looks like, do you enable guest zone on Vlan interface?

/Chris

Chris
  • @Nebula_Chris

Yes, Guest zone is enabled on the VLAN Interface I disabled the content filtering for. The other two VLANs have no guest mode and content filtering on. Connections from/to the guest network were possible in that state, even if explicitly blocked in the firewall

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @PeterW

I will PM you for the further information please pay attention for the Inbox message.?

/Chris

Chris