FWA515 – WLAN Scheduler does not automatically switch Wi-Fi on/off at scheduled times

Options
rosario_francesco
rosario_francesco Posts: 2 image  Freshman Member

Hello,
I have a Zyxel FWA515 and I am experiencing a problem with the WLAN Scheduler.
Device: Zyxel FWA515
Firmware: 1.70(ACPZ.1)C0
Location: Italy
Nebula: The device was previously registered in Nebula, but I also tested the WLAN Scheduler after disconnecting the router from Nebula, with exactly the same result.
The WLAN Scheduler does not seem to execute scheduled Wi-Fi state changes automatically when the scheduled time is reached.
Example 1 – Wi-Fi should turn off
I created the following rule:
WLAN Scheduler Access: Enabled
Rule: Active
SSID: All WLAN
Days: Every day
Time: 17:00 – 17:25
I applied the rule before 17:00.
The Wi-Fi remained enabled from 17:00 to 17:25, as expected.
However, when the router clock reached 17:25, the Wi-Fi did not turn off.
Example 2 – applying a rule while already outside the scheduled period
I also tested the opposite situation.
For example, I created a rule:
18:00 – 18:30
and applied it at 17:50.
As soon as I applied the rule at 17:50, the router immediately turned the Wi-Fi off, because the current time was outside the scheduled period.
However, when the clock reached 18:00, the Wi-Fi did not turn back on.
Similarly, if I apply an 18:00–18:30 rule at 18:10, the Wi-Fi remains on, but when the clock reaches 18:30, it does not turn off.
This seems to indicate that the router correctly evaluates the scheduler when the configuration is applied, but it does not automatically re-evaluate the rule when the scheduled start/end time is reached.
Additional tests
I have already:
checked the router date and time;
confirmed that the router uses SNTP;
confirmed the correct Rome/Italy time zone and daylight-saving configuration;
performed a factory reset;
recreated the WLAN Scheduler rules;
tested with All WLAN;
disconnected the router from Nebula and repeated the tests.
The problem remains exactly the same.
The router's clock is correct. For example, the Time page showed:
Current Date: 2026-09-08
Current Time: 17:16:52
SNTP enabled
Time zone: Rome
Daylight Saving enabled.
Therefore, I don't believe this is a time-zone or configuration issue.
Important observation
There is one particularly interesting behavior:
If a scheduled period has already ended and I then press Apply, the router immediately turns the Wi-Fi off.
For example, with a rule 17:00–17:25, if I apply the rule after 17:25, the Wi-Fi is immediately switched off.
This suggests that the scheduler rule itself is being interpreted correctly, but the firmware does not seem to trigger the scheduled transition automatically when the clock reaches the programmed time.
Could you please confirm whether this is a known firmware issue with the FWA515 WLAN Scheduler?
If not, could you please advise how I can troubleshoot this further?
I can provide the system log (syslog.tar.gz) and any additional information needed to reproduce the problem.
Thank you.