GS1920v2 series VLAN setup GUI - confusing
Freshman Member
Pretty weak on VLANs in general, but I manage to get them setup for guest wifi applications. Have a new GS1920-48HPv2, and confused by the VLAN setup in the GUI: all I see is a 50x50 grid. I get that I can pick egress ports on one axis, and ingress on the other, but nowhere does it show or allow selection of the VLAN ID it will apply to? Am I in the wrong place, or is there somewhere to change the format to the lists of ports and settings I'm used to seeing? Thank you.
All Replies
-
No, this is port-based VLAN. To having 802.1Q(VLAN ID), you need to change your switch system setting.
Please navigate to SYSTEM > Switch Setup > Switch Setup to change the VLAN type.
Additionally, here is an FAQ for 802.1Q VLAN setup:
Tutorial of Switch VLAN Configuration (V4.80 and newer) — Zyxel Community
Zyxel Melen0
Categories
- All Categories
- 442 Beta Program
- 3.1K Nebula
- 241 Nebula Ideas
- 6.8K Security
- 755 USG FLEX H Series
- 380 Security Ideas
- 1.8K Switch
- 87 Switch Ideas
- 1.5K Wireless
- 58 Wireless Ideas
- 7.2K Consumer Product
- 321 Service & License
- 512 News and Release
- 99 Security Advisories
- 31 Education Center
- 10 [Campaign] Zyxel Network Detective
- 5.3K FAQ
- 34 Documents
- 90 About Community
- 119 Security Highlight
Zyxel Employee