Cannot connect to my GS1900-24 managed switch any longer.
I thought my internet went down, I could not get it to work so I replaced the router with a brand new ASUS RT-BE58U and the internet was restored but the minute I plug the switch into one of the LAN ports the other 3 LAN ports on the router loose internet access.
Research told me it was a possible IP loop but how is that possible when the router's IP address is 192.168.50.1 and by default the GS1900 should have an IP of 192.168.1.1 and I not only used the restore button on the switch but when that made no difference I did a reset.
The lights on the switch light up and are blinking. If I plug an item into the switch that ports light comes on and starts blinking and if I remove any cable that light goes out so something is happening.
I tried to directly connect the switch to one of my computers with with a CAT6 cable but I still could not access the switch over IP 192.168.1.1 so I tried to install the ZON Utility on that computer and once it tried to initialize the computer locked up. I tried it several times and each time the computer locked up.
I don't know what else to do here. I have not had a properly functioning home network in 2 months because of this issue and when the switch stopped working correctly it was only 9 months old.
Any help would be appreciated.
Ron
All Replies
-
likely you need a replacement switch contact support
A side from that the reset button should be pushed in for 6 seconds or longer when the switch is on
0 -
Well Zyxel support is useless since it keeps asking me for the firmware that is installed and I cannot provide that since I have no way of connecting to or accessing the switch I have no idea what the firmware is nor can I upgrade it. I am in a loop, no firmware, no moving forward on a ticket.
Utterly useless. It is all web based and even though a search tells me you can email support I cannot find a support email anywhere. Their page says I need to use their web based support to get to the email but that is not possible since I cannot provide a firmware version because I cannot connect to the switch.
If I have to connect to the switch to get warranty support but I cannot connect to the switch in any manner then that is a great way for them to avoid providing warranty support.
If I go to contact us I am once again directed through the online support process which fails since I have no idea what the firmware is so I cannot even get to the part where I get the email address or a phone number.
The stupid AI bot told me it was escalating to a real live agent but after 5 minutes I asked how long I had to wait and that is when it asked for the firmware that I cannot provide.
So frustrating and so useless.
0 -
Hi @Ronstang ,
Regarding accessing the Switch Web GUI, we think the likely cause is that your computer is using DHCP and has obtained an IP in the
192.168.50.xrange (since your new ASUS router's subnet is192.168.50.x), while the factory-reset GS1900-24 switch defaults to192.168.1.1. Since these are different subnets, your computer will not be able to communicate with the switch automatically.Please try the following steps:
- Connect your computer directly to one of the switch's ports with an Ethernet cable.
- Manually configure your computer's Ethernet adapter with a static IP address in the
192.168.1.xrange (for example, IP address192.168.1.100, Subnet Mask255.255.255.0, and leave the default gateway blank). - Open your web browser and go to
http://192.168.1.1to log in (default username:admin, default password:1234) and login.
Zyxel_Judy
0 -
Regarding the network issue, we'd also like to check one possibility: if your ISP's modem is also present on the network (in addition to the ASUS router) and it's using its default IP address of
192.168.1.1, this would be the same address the factory-reset GS1900-24 defaults to. If the modem and the switch end up on the same network segment — for example, if the ASUS router is operating in AP/Bridge mode rather than standard NAT Router mode — this could create a genuine IP conflict between the modem and the switch, which may explain the connectivity issue you're seeing.Could you please go to the GS1900-24 GUI, navigate to Configuration > System > IP > IPv4 Address, set Mode to DHCP, and click Apply? This lets the GS1900-24 obtain its IP address dynamically instead of using the fixed
192.168.1.1, which removes any conflict with the modem's address. After that, please reconnect your devices to the router's LAN ports and check whether Internet access is restored.If devices connected to the router's LAN ports still don't have Internet access, we recommend checking the DHCP server and DNS settings on your router — specifically, confirm that the DHCP server is enabled and assigning valid IP addresses, and that a working DNS server address is configured (recommend a public DNS such as 8.8.8.8).
Zyxel_Judy
0 -
Regarding ZON, please make sure you have installed Npcap (which is required by ZON), with the option "Install Npcap in WinPcap API-compatible Mode" selected during installation.
Zyxel_Judy
0 -
Regarding the RMA local support team's process, I will provide this feedback to them for improvement.
Zyxel_Judy
0
Categories
- All Categories
- 442 Beta Program
- 3.1K Nebula
- 241 Nebula Ideas
- 6.8K Security
- 755 USG FLEX H Series
- 380 Security Ideas
- 1.8K Switch
- 87 Switch Ideas
- 1.5K Wireless
- 58 Wireless Ideas
- 7.2K Consumer Product
- 321 Service & License
- 512 News and Release
- 99 Security Advisories
- 31 Education Center
- 10 [Campaign] Zyxel Network Detective
- 5.3K FAQ
- 34 Documents
- 90 About Community
- 119 Security Highlight
Freshman Member
Guru Member
Zyxel Employee