How to apply stacking mode on Zyxel switch?
Zyxel_Derrick Posts: 76Zyxel Employee
edited July 2022 in Network Reliability
If you want to apply stacking mode on Zyxel switch, please be aware of the following instructions:
1. The device must be the same series of model.
2. The Firmware must be the same version.
3. The quantity and stacking ports on Zyxel switch
Note: Once the port has become a stacking port, it cannot be used as a normal port.
4. For XS3800, there are some stacking connection rules that you need to know.
- One stacking channel connect to one device will work
- One stacking channel connect to different device will fail
- One stacking channel connect to one device but two different channel will fail
- Please refer to the below topology If you want to use chain in stacking mode
- Please refer to the below topology If you want to use ring in stacking mode
For how to sync the configuration to the slave unit, you can refer to:
How to sync configuration to the slave unit in the stacking mode?
- 8.4K All Categories
- 1.6K Nebula
- 70 Nebula Ideas
- 57 Nebula Status and Incidents
- 4.5K Security
- 226 Security Ideas
- 981 Switch
- 46 Switch Ideas
- 872 WirelessLAN
- 22 WLAN Ideas
- 5.1K Consumer Product
- 156 Service & License
- 280 News and Release
- 97 Success Stories
- 59 Security Advisories
- 13 Education Center
- 579 FAQ
- 262 Nebula FAQ
- 160 Security FAQ
- 76 Switch FAQ
- 74 WirelessLAN FAQ
- 7 Consumer Product FAQ
- 34 Documents
- 34 Nebula Monthly Express
- 69 About Community
- 46 Security Highlight