WAC6103D-I controlled by ZYWALL 310 randomly disconnects all clients

PawelJ
PawelJ Posts: 3
First Comment
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
We have an installation with 8 AP WAC6103D-I controlled by Zywall 310. Randomly all clients connected to one AP loses connectivity to network. They are still connected to WiFi but they have no LAN/Internet connectivity. After a few seconds 15-20 sec it works fine again. It is not problem of a one AP. The same situation takes place on different AP's.
Firmware version for WAC6103D-I: V.5.00 (AAXH.5)
Firmware for Zywall 310: V 4.31 (AAAB.0)

Any idea? What to change, what to correct?

Best Regards
Pawel Jawien

All Replies

• Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @PawelJ ,
    May I know is there any logs shown on the Zywall 310?
    Because the AP firmware version is old, and there's many WiFi related issue fixed in the last version, would you upgrade the version first and monitor if the issue happens again or not?
    Thanks.
  • PawelJ
    First Comment
    Hi
    I will be happy to upgrade firmware but...  My Zywall 310 says, that I have a latest firmware. Am I wrong? Is there any other firmware upgrade procedure?

About logs - the only entry correlated by time with connection break is:
    The slot[2] isn't activate. AP disable band-select.

(Band Select is disabled on all the access points).

Best Regards
    Pawel Jawien
  • PawelJ
    First Comment
    OK - I've found the way to upgrade - ftp. We will observe our installation.
    It is a little bit confusing, that AP Controller says we have latest firmware but in fact we have prehistorical one :(
  • Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @PawelJ ,
    The AP can't be upgrade to the last version because it's limited by the USG version. After you upgrade the USG, there's the new firmware for AP to upgrade. Otherwise, you can use the FTP to upgrade to firmware but the AP might become compatible AP if the USG is not upgraded to the last version.